Thread: Text Link Formatting Issues. Problem Only Exists in Version 12 That I See.

Angry Text Link Formatting Issues. Problem Only Exists in Version 12 That I See.

I upgraded from Version 10 to Version 12. I have been using Netobjects Fusion since version 4. I did a clean install (brand new PC) of version 12. Here is my problem. I setup a style for my website. I only wanted to edit the links section as the rest of the site I can do on the fly text change wise. In the old versions of Netobjects there was a text property called decoration in the links style section. Uncheck automatic and it gets rid of the underlining. I don't want underlining on my links. However, in version 12 this decoration option no longer exists in styles. I see where I can hit underline, bold, etc but I do not have any of those options checked and they are not showing up as underlines in the styles page.

When I go back to my page though after I apply the style, the lines are there. Normally this wouldnt be a problem either as with the old versions I could easily overwrite those style settings by going to the properties of that particular text link and unchecking Automatic. I see that option when I go to the specifc text link properties, but when I uncheck Automatic, it removes the link as wanted, but also removes all my link settings such as hover color, etc.

PLEASE, do not send me the psuedo classes fix. I have no interest in meddling with the CSS code. This used to work with previous versions without the psuedo class fix, so it should work in the version. I'd switch back to version 10, but I got sick of the damaged objects error in it. Fusion has gone downhill since version 9 with the bugs and lack of good support. Can someone please help before I give up and learn Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 lol.

Now you have to "select" underline, THEN "select" it again to remove it.

this writes text-decoration : none into the CSS file
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Default I Tried That

I remember that being an old flaw with Netobjects so I tried that with the same results. Any other suggestions? I like the underline for most of the website, but for the footer I dont want the underline. I like the items in question just bolded to point out their links.

You can set different CSS-Styles for links, but if you use more than one on your website the procedure is different:

In style-View your global styles for links should be reset as default, there should be no individual formats in there anymore.

In page-view > manage style you can define any number of link-formats you want. But from that point in time you will have to choose a link-style for every single link in the properties palette for that specific link. I can show you later in more detail if you have no idea of what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by barbara0701 View Post
    You can set different CSS-Styles for links, but if you use more than one on your website the procedure is different:

In style-View your global styles for links should be reset as default, there should be no individual formats in there anymore.

In page-view > manage style you can define any number of link-formats you want. But from that point in time you will have to choose a link-style for every single link in the properties palette for that specific link. I can show you later in more detail if you have no idea of what I'm talking about.
    PLEASE, do not send me the psuedo classes fix. I have no interest in meddling with the CSS code
    He said he did not want to use pseudo classes for links with different attributes which is the only way to do what he wants to do outside of using in-line html formating on each link.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

That's what he calls a pseudo classes fix??? I would say inline HTML is a pseudo fix.

He could insert the link in the footer as a text grafik and use hotspots.

Quote Originally Posted by barbara0701 View Post
    That's what he calls a pseudo classes fix??? I would say inline HTML is a pseudo fix.

He could insert the link in the footer as a text grafik and use hotspots.
    I think maybe they were unimpressed with the link pseudo-class tutorial on gotFusion. It is a lot more "up-front work" as is the case with any custom CSS class creation, but once they are written and part of the CSS file they can be applied anywhere rather quickly.