Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo Gallery / Slide show

Default Photo Gallery / Slide show

Hello there, is there any way that I can create a slideshow main image with thumbnails next to it on the same page?

Currently with this feature the thumbnails are on one page and second sperate page is generated for the main slideshow full size image.

Thoughts?

Google for "slideshow", find one you like, and use that.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Or do a similar search in this forum for "slideshow" or "lightbox".
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

thanks folks, however I was hoping to embed the the slideshow in a page that i have created in net objects, can i do this still, don't want a page that pops up in a different style to the rest of the site.

Lightbox will be created in your page.
    Any other gallery can be inserted into your page by an iframe.
    That means you keep your normal design and just create a "window"in your page where you can show your gallery.

The iframe tool is not integrated into NOF Essentials, but you can do it like this.

Draw up a textfield, click inside, click right, click Object HTML and insert the following:

<iframe name="your iframe"
    width="400" height="450" Scrolling="auto" FrameBorder="0"
    SRC="http://www.theURLofyourgallery.com"></iframe>

Width and height can be changed in size and scrolling as well, either auto, or yes or no.
    Last edited by mia; 04-14-2011 at 10:40 PM.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

thanks very much that is exactly what I am looking for.

I have tried this using the nof essentials slideshow but when you place the slideshow url in the html as written it all works however it still pops up the seperate image in a new window is there a way round this?

Ok we have gallery software / web hosting for customers to view images online this comes with a free basic website and gallery.

I have taken the free gallery (which looks quite nice) url and placed it in the html of the new site which works perfectly.

I want to hide the other links at the bottom of the gallery on the new web site. To do this I adjusted the height of the iframe in the html but now it is just letting the gallery page scroll, when I turn the scrolling off (which I think I am doing correctly) the iframe seems to scale the gallery to fit and it reduces in size so everything including the links show.

Any thoughts?

appreciate its a bit tricky without pics

No, sorry, I think it's not possible to hide the links at the bottom of the gallery.
    My suggestion would have been to use scrolling =no and fiddle around a bit with the size of the iframe.
    But you've tried already and it doesn't work......

Maybe you find another gallery which looks better....?
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

thanks mia that works I had a wrong character in and was using none! rather than no, rookie error.

finally is it possible to lay the text box with html over another image?

at the moment they come up with red symbols and when published the slideshow drops to below the image.

Sry, but I haven't got the slightest clue what you are talking about...

What do you mean with laying the textbox over another image....?
    The textbox is basicly the placeholder for your iframe.

And which red symbols? In your gallery?
    If you are still trying to achieve to show only parts of your gallery and cut others bits out, I think it might not be working up to your wishes.

There are so many nice free galleries available, why don't you shop around a bit till you find something more suitable.