Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photo Gallery / Slide show

Strath44,

It's kinda possible - that is if I am reading/understanding your post correctly. For a single image with text on top you can create a layout area on your page and set an image as its background. Size the layout to the exact dimensions of the image (or vice versa) and then you can place a text box - or anything - into that layout area.
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

Paul,

by what I understood....
    He wanted to show an extern gallery on his page.
    I told him how to do this with an iFame.
    This textbox is just the placeholder for the iFrame.

Problem is, this gallery is quite nice but it has some sorts of arrows underneath the images...
    Now he wants to make the iFrame smaller to make these arrows to disappear.

And his latest idea was to lay some other image partly OVER the iFrame window to hide these arrows.....
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Mia,

Ahh. My input was obviously useless then but saying that Strath's 'latest' idea is obviously a bad one too. Have we seen a URL yet? That might help.
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM

thanks for all your help much appreciated

ok adendum basically what you are talking about regarding page layouts is exactly what I want to do now (not useless at all) I have realised that the whole masking a slideshow to hide things was silly so now I have purchased a better slideshow gallery which I am happy with.

So all help up till now has been very helpful.

The last hurdle I am stuck on is; I have created a layout the same size as my image but when I set the image as the layout background the image just repeats itself (about 4 times ie tiles)) over the whole page including the master border even though I am setting it as a layout background image!

ps the iframe html was awesome thanks!
    Thoughts?

This tutorial will explain how to "center" a background image but it will show you where the settings are located Just set repeat to None on the properties palette and you will no longer tile your image

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=209
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Strath,

I think you are confusing a PAGE background with a LAYOUT REGION background. Mike's tut will handle the page background issue but if you meant layout region then simply draw a layout region into your page - avoiding drawing in the masterborder area. So, if you have a PAGE with of 960 and a masterborder on the left of 200 your layout area is 760 wide. Draw a layout region in that area and size it as required. Create your image to that same size and set it as the background to the layout region. So if you want an image of 760 by 480 to appear in the layout region create it at that size, make your layout region the same size and the job is done.

Word of advice though....background images will 'fight' with your content and make the text hard to read. So think carefully before you use images this way.

EXCELLENT many thanks that sorted it first time, have now got my image set as background on layout unrepeated and have my slideshow on top!!

A very big thank you to everyone and your patience toward me!