Thread: Anyone Else Having Problems W/NOF12 Not Looking Like It Does In Preview?

Default Anyone Else Having Problems W/NOF12 Not Looking Like It Does In Preview?

I have been using NOF for a long time, and Version 12 only a few weeks now, but I am having a real problem Getting it to Look Like It Does When I Publish it and view in Preview...

Once I upload it to the Server, All the Spacing and Alignment Look different... Even some of the Graphics do not show up...

I never had this problem w/ NOF11 - When I previewed something, that's what it looked like when I viewed it Live after uploading to the Server.

Why NOT Now? I've just spent 4 hours to NOT get it how I want it...

Is there something I should be doing with this new version, that was not required in NOF11? Or should I be able to just enter everything where-ever I want it, and have it look like that? Like Before?

Thanks!

Did you clean off your server before uploading any files generated by the new product? It sounds like you have orphan files that are being called by the new code.

You should clean up your work files/folders and do a full site publish to see what everything actually will look like http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4029

NetO changed the default publish method for version 12. It no longer is set to Asset Type as the default but set to Site Structure. If you have always used the default publish settings in the past you are now putting things in completely different locations.

This gotFusion tutorial goes over the type of publish methods are available in the Fusion product if you are not familiar with them and where this setting is located: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=181

If this is your problem the solution is to clean everything off of your hosting space and upload all files generated by Fusion to your domain.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

This was just loaded onto My New Computer, and I had not yet even used NOF until yesterday.

What doctype are you using ?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I had a similar problem. All pages were left aligned and displayed correctly in Preview and when Published to the site, i.e., Preview and Publish (either locally or to the site) displayed the same. When I set all of the pages 'centered', part of the pages had one element (in the MasterBorder) misaligned when viewed in Preview, but only on some of the pages. However, when I Published Locally or did a Site Publish, everything displayed correctly.

I fiddled with things for quite some time trying to get it corrected before I realized I needed to Publish to see how things looked. So, everything worked out for me but it's annoying when Preview doesn't display the same as Publish.
    Older than the hills, and can't find reverse...

Per my last post to this thread, I thought that all was well when this site was Published. Now, I'm finding that it's not.

The site is here

The problem is with misalignment of the table containing the navigation bar at the upper left of the masterborder. This table is shifted to the right on 'some' pages when viewed at 1280 x 1024 but isn't at 1680 x 1050 or 1920 x 1200. All three systems use IE8.

The 'Links' and 'Legal' pages display correctly on all three systems. On the lower resolution system, all of the rest of the pages have that table shifted to the right relative to the top section of the masterborder and the graphic just below the table. I can tell that the two logos in the masterborder are slightly further to the right on the two pages that display correctly and not exactly the same about of shift to the right.

I've tried multiple things in an attempt to correct this, to no avail.

BTW, I inherited this site from a fellow who used NOF11. He passed a template to me, I purchased NOF12 and imported the template. Most of the site imported correctly but a number of the graphics were shifted around and I had to correct that.

I have used NOF since Version 3. I now use NOF 11 and 12. Based on my experience, preview never looks like Local Publish. That's why I have stopped using it at all to see how a web page on which I am working looks in a browser.

Also, the display on the Page where I work on a web page never looks like when I do a Local Publish. I have seldom ever run into any significant differences between Local Publish and when it is up loaded to the web hosting server.

Ken Friedman

Well, I've not been using NOF long at all but up to this point Preview looked very close to what the site looked like when published. The problem I saw was on a single computer running IE8 to view the site. I've since gone back to that computer and determined that IE8 was rendering the site in Compatibility View (after some hints from this forum). When I took it out of Compatibility View, the site renders correctly. A little research tells me that Compatibility View in IE8 is not all it's cracked up to be - many others have seen similar problems.