Thread: What does the little blue circle with white line in the centre on the Nav bar mean

Default What does the little blue circle with white line in the centre on the Nav bar mean

I'm on the verge of finishing my website the only thing I need to do what change the colours of my nav bar (I decided to use a flash nav bar), now I don't know if I didn't notice it before but there's this little blue circle with a horizontal white line in the centre on the left side of the nav bar. What does it mean and how do I get rid of it?

Thanks so much for the help

Mangalover,

I think I'd advise you NOT to use flash for navigation. You will be excluding a percentage of visitors by doing that and every iPad user. I can't remember what the blue circle means right now but someone will. But if you switch to a graphical navigation you probably wont need to worry about that anyway.
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adendum View Post
    Mangalover,

I think I'd advise you NOT to use flash for navigation. You will be excluding a percentage of visitors by doing that and every iPad user. I can't remember what the blue circle means right now but someone will. But if you switch to a graphical navigation you probably wont need to worry about that anyway.
    I didn't know that! Thanks so much, if I use a graphical nav bar how do I change the colour I seem to have trouble changing it.

Mangalover,

The graphical navigation buttons are set within the Style View. If you created your site from a template or have changed the Style from the Style Tree you'll find that the buttons are unique to each Style.

You can't change the buttons within a Style perse - you have to create your own buttons in an image editor like Photoshop. So if you started with a blank site and then set a Style, say "Style A" that will come with red buttons. Set your style to "Style B" and that comes with green buttons.

If there is a Style you like but it's not quite right for you duplicate the Style and save it as a name you want to use so you can edit the style. E.G.: let's say you duplicate "Style A" and call it "MangaStyle". Set the new "MangaStyle" as your site style, and remove all unused styles.

If you want blue buttons, just create the three buttons for each button state, and then you can either edit the button set in your style or you can create a new button set (retaining the red buttons) - meaning you could use either your new blue set and for another menu you can use the red set.
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mangalover View Post
    I don't know if I didn't notice it before but there's this little blue circle with a horizontal white line in the centre on the left side of the nav bar. What does it mean and how do I get rid of it?

Thanks so much for the help

That generally means that there is some additional code (HTML, PHP, Javascript, whatever) embedded via the Control-T method.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in