Thread: Problem with misaligned object

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Problem with misaligned object

I originally posted this as a continuation of an earlier thread that discussed Preview not showing the same as Publish. The problem with Preview/Publish is still there, but not as serious as this problem. I probably should have started a new thread, so here it is:

I thought that all was well when this site was Published. Now, I'm finding that it's not.

The site is HERE:

The problem is with misalignment of the table containing the navigation bar at the upper left of the masterborder. This table is shifted to the right on 'some' pages when viewed on a system with 1280 x 1024 resolution but isn't on systems with 1680 x 1050 or 1920 x 1200 resolution. These just happen to be the three systems I have available to test on. All three systems use IE8.

It seems odd but the 'Links' and 'Legal' pages display correctly on all three systems. On the lower resolution system, all of the rest of the pages have that table shifted to the right relative to the top section of the masterborder and the graphic just below the table. I can tell that the two logos toward the top of the masterborder are slightly further to the right on the two pages that display correctly and not exactly the same about of shift to the right (I'm not sure what this is telling me).

I've tried multiple things in an attempt to correct this, to no avail.

BTW, I inherited this site from a fellow who used NOF11. He passed a template to me, I purchased NOF12 and imported the template. Most of the site imported correctly but a number of the graphics were shifted around and I had to correct that. If I left-align the site, everything displays correctly, but I'd much rather have it centered.

Can anyone give me some help to get to the bottom of this?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    This problem has been solved. I discovered that on the computer that was not rendering correctly IE8 was rendering the site in Compatibility View. When I took it out of Compatibility View, the site rendered as it should. Apparently, Compatibility View in IE8 is not reliable, as has been noted by a number of people.
    Last edited by HerrS; 04-29-2011 at 01:58 PM. Reason: New Information
    Older than the hills, and can't find reverse...