Thread: Visual Lightbox screws up another gallery

Default Visual Lightbox screws up another gallery

I don't think this is a problem with NoF but I know quite a lot of people here use Visual Lightbox with NoF so am posting here. I recently updated one of my galleries which had been working fine. Unfortunately it no longer does. Three other galleries on that site are still working just fine because I didn't update them but I can't for the life of me see what has screwed up the first. I know it's not NoF because all four galleries were created and placed at around the same time and it's only the updated one that's screwed up.

Can anyone point to exactly what it might be that's done this? I can revert to an earlier version of the gallery but then I won't have the latest images in it

Alternatively, can anyone point me to a similar JQuery gallery with the same sort of drag and drop functionality that VLB has which might continue to work with NoF?

Ok, it is definitely the latest version of VLB which doesn't work with NoF. I uninstalled it and reinstalled version 3.2 (luckily I hadn't deleted it) and the gallery now works fine again. Don't know what they've done; maybe something to do with JQuery version but I'm not a programmer, just a humble designer.
    Last edited by franko; 05-02-2011 at 01:45 AM. Reason: New Information

Franko,

I presume you're using NOF 12 with VLB, is that true? Does the new version of VLB use any additional Javascript source files than the old one?

I had an issue with NOF 11 and one of the other scripts from the same folks because the MooTools library that it used conflicted with the NOF javascript nav bar rollover. Apparently NOF 12 was supposed to fix that problem, but perhaps it is something similar in your case.

The version I'm using (v4.4) uses the following javascript:
    jquery.min.js
    visuallightbox.js
    vlbdata.js
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Senior Member Thomas Frei-Herrmann's Avatar

Hi,

here is how to use Visual Lightbox in NOF 12

http://www.tommyherrmanndesign.com/n...rsion_neu.html

... use for this page DOCTYPE

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

what you can do in NOF 12 (disable "Quirks Mode" in your settings). Do not use XHTML of NOF. Using XHTML with NOF creates a Javascript "your-page-name.js" which does conflict with the Javascript files of Visual Lightbox.

http://www.tommyherrmanndesign.com/n...l/doctype.html
    Last edited by Thomas Frei-Herrmann; 05-02-2011 at 05:07 AM.
    Tommy

Administrator at the German NOF-Forum

NOF-Tutorials.com | German NOF-Forum | Overview of my tutorials | Facebook

Thanks Tommy and Ray. As the problem was solved by using an older version of VLB right now I'm happy that my gallery is working and has the new images. When I get time I'll reinstall the latest version of VLB (neither of them work on my XP production machine so I create the galleries on my Win 7 laptop) and place galleries into test sites until I've got it all worked out. Right now, though, I'll stick with VLB v3.2 as I know it works with NoF ok. Ray - the problem occured with both v11 and v12 sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Frei-Herrmann View Post
    Hi,
    what you can do in NOF 12 (disable "Quirks Mode" in your settings). Do not use XHTML of NOF. Using XHTML with NOF creates a Javascript "your-page-name.js" which does conflict with the Javascript files of Visual Lightbox.
    Just a note to this. Using a Multi Layout Region (MLR) on a page also creates "your-page-name.js", which conflicts with Visual Lightbox.

I had the brilliant idea to set up multiple galleries accessed via MLR, but no go. I presume this is also the case with NOF XII.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

My freeware software that I wrote, *Box Gallery Generator, works well with Slimbox2
    http://www.graphicdreamz.net/software.html

Will help in generating all the code for your images to display within the gallery and supports categories as well

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boxcodegenshot..png 
Views:	321 
Size:	238.1 KB 
ID:	1026
    Last edited by misterkode; 10-06-2011 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Added extra info
    It's not a bug...just an undocumented feature
    Carl Kruck - MetaWeb IT
    http://www.metawebit.com

Senior Member Thomas Frei-Herrmann's Avatar
    Tommy

Administrator at the German NOF-Forum

NOF-Tutorials.com | German NOF-Forum | Overview of my tutorials | Facebook

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Frei-Herrmann View Post
    Let me work on it and I'll post when I've got a new build!
    On my TO-DO list now
    It's not a bug...just an undocumented feature
    Carl Kruck - MetaWeb IT
    http://www.metawebit.com

Quote Originally Posted by misterkode View Post
    My freeware software that I wrote, *Box Gallery Generator, works well with Slimbox2
    http://www.graphicdreamz.net/software.html

Will help in generating all the code for your images to display within the gallery and supports categories as well

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boxcodegenshot..png 
Views:	321 
Size:	238.1 KB 
ID:	1026
    Not wanting to diminish your hard work, I just want to understand (and for the benefit of others who may stumble upon this thread):
    This generates only the BODY section HTML that you can paste into your page.
    You would still need to:
    • Download the Slimbox scripts
    • Upload to scripts your server, and embed the appropriate HEAD codes for the script
    • Create and upload your thumbnails and full-sized imaged to the appropriate folder with appropriate file names
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in