Thread: Adding HTML help needed

Default Adding HTML help needed

I've added snipets of HTML many times with the CTRL-T feature which I understand is limited to about 255 characters, and I believe adds html within the body tags.
    I need to add a calculator within a text layout area that I created with webworksheet.com's product (converts an Excel file to a working web worksheet). The calculator works fine as an htm file that I can open in a browser window. It is more than 255 characters. It is a stand alone web page with head & body tags and javascript.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Place the files in your folder structure then use a dynamic include to call them in using the same html insert method. The language you use would depend on what your web host offers.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    Place the files in your folder structure then use a dynamic include to call them in using the same html insert method. The language you use would depend on what your web host offers.
    Ok. Thank you . I will go off and figure that out. I've tried the 2 step process of adding the HEAD HTML in that section using F9 in the layout area then using CTRL-T for the BODY with no luck. In page preview I see the calculator worksheet but it doesn't calculate.

I'm off to figure out 'dynamic include'.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by tporada View Post

I'm off to figure out 'dynamic include'.

Thank you.
    I am going to "guess" that you are on a linux host and they are offering PHP as part of your hosting account.

Enter these lines of code:

In the document head (F9 + html insert button)

<?php include('headFileName.php'); ?>

In the body using CTRL+T

<?php include('bodyFileName.php'); ?>

Change the names of the files to what ever you called your head and body documents. Also make sure that you are referencing the proper folder (if you put the files in the same folder as the page there is no reference needed)

ALSO... set the page extension on the page using this code to php
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Again, thank you and I will look into that shortly.

I have been working with the webworksheet developer also, pursuing adding html in the head & body in the normal NOF manner. This is the site/page http://www.toniacullen.com/html/alimony_reform.html and it is 'almost' working. I am told that I need to change the BODY tag to <BODY STYLE="margin: 0px;" onload=”init();”> but that appears to be generated by NOF and I do not see how I can make the change. In Firefox the "onload..." appears to be missing in the initial BODY tag but appears a few lines down in a <TD><BODY tag. In IE the "onload..." appears in the BODY tag where it should be.

Is the HTML approach not valid in this case?

Thanks...

Well...It looks like things are working with the HTML insertion method in the HEAD & BODY. However, I am getting a scripting error from a scrip in my assets folder Rollover.js:615 which doesn't appear to be related to my worksheet but something else.

Any thoughts on what rollover.js:615 is?

Thank you.