Thread: Program to maintain a site, will Essentials work?

Default Program to maintain a site, will Essentials work?

Whats needed to maintain a site, could Essentials be used for a site already made with NOF12?

No... because Essentials is a relabeled Fusion 7.5.. and you can't open a site done in one version of fusion in an earlier version of Fusion.
    Last edited by chuckj; 05-09-2011 at 05:58 PM.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Bummer, its such a small site so they dont really wish to buy the full version when just might do minor changes like changing text and some pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Litreb View Post
    Bummer, its such a small site so they dont really wish to buy the full version when just might do minor changes like changing text and some pictures.
    If all they want to do is edit some text or images, set up an online CMS account for them with surreal. Make some areas editable and they can change to their hearts desire. JUST make sure they know that if they put in an image that is 20000 pixels wide and 300meg in size that they will stop their web site from working

See this page for more details http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4076
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by Litreb View Post
    What about Importing the html, then tweak from there?

I just read the free tutorial on using Surreal CMS with NOF. Are you still using this CMS with NOF and has anyone else had experience, good or bad, with it? Just kicking the tires right now before I take the plunge. Or, is there a better solution since this tread was created?

Thanks,
    Steve

Lots of folks are using these web-based CMS services, the most popular being Surreal CMS and Cushy CMS.

I tend to prefer a script-based solution so I'm not left high and dry should the web service go out of business. I like and use SnippetMaster CMS.

HTH
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

I've used SnippetMaster with some success for the same reasons as Ray. However, with some clients, even this seems to be beyond their comprehension (but then, so's typing in a URI into an address bar).