Thread: Windows 7, IE9

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Windows 7, IE9

My problem, I suspect relates to my system rather than an NOF problem.
    I recently published some changes to my site using NOF 10 on a PC running Windows 7 64 bit and IE9. Connection to the server was OK and the FTP was reported as successful. However when I accessed the site the revisions were not visible, contact with the hosting organisation indicated all OK. I then accessed the site using my son's laptop(using XP not sure which version of IE) and the revisions were seen, made further check with a friend(Windows 7 and IE8) again the revision was seen. I have also accessed the site using Google Chrome and again the revisions were not seen.

Can anyone offer any advice/suggestions please??

Adam

Go to the page using your computer/browser and press ctrl + F5 (hold the control key and press the F5 function key).

Your browser has cached the page and doing this will force your browser to reload the page from the server.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks for that. Problem solved.
    Never encountered that before, how/why does it happen?

Quote Originally Posted by ANW View Post
    Thanks for that. Problem solved.
    Never encountered that before, how/why does it happen?
    This is because of the way you have your browser set up. The default is to cache in order to increase load time (loads from the computer browser cache on your hard drive instead of going out to get the pages again).

this is "normal" so no point worrying about it.

Just remember to refresh the page any time you make a change (local or remote)
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz