Thread: NOF10 keeps closing

Unhappy NOF10 keeps closing

I have been using fusion 10 for over a year (and 8 and 9 before that) and built my website and have it on line, it works fine. I last updated 4/27/11 without any problem, now when I try and open it I get a message "Fusion has detected and unstable file and will now recover your site." This is not new I have had it happen in the past and it has always recovered it and everything worked fine. The problem is when I click ok to recover my site it does seem to start to do it but then I get a new message "Fusion has encountered a problem and needs to close". So I checked for any updates, none. Even went as far as upgrading to fusion 12, samething happens when trying to open it.
    I can not open it and save as a template but have tried to open it from backups and also making a copy and moving it to fusion 12 and opening the nod file. Nothing seems to work, keep getting the same messages. I am using windows and XP pro.
    Anyone have any ideas?

Tinkerer

Default Re: NOF10 keeps closing

"Brucev" <Brucev.4tsnnf@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com> wrote in message
    news:Brucev.4tsnnf@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com...
    >
    > I have been using fusion 10 for over a year (and 8 and 9 before that)
    > and built my website and have it on line, it works fine. I last updated
    > 4/27/11 without any problem, now when I try and open it I get a message
    > "Fusion has detected and unstable file and will now recover your site."
    > This is not new I have had it happen in the past and it has always
    > recovered it and everything worked fine. The problem is when I click ok
    > to recover my site it does seem to start to do it but then I get a new
    > message "Fusion has encountered a problem and needs to close". So I
    > checked for any updates, none. Even went as far as upgrading to fusion
    > 12, samething happens when trying to open it.
    > I can not open it and save as a template but have tried to open it
    > from backups and also making a copy and moving it to fusion 12 and
    > opening the nod file. Nothing seems to work, keep getting the same
    > messages. I am using windows and XP pro.
    > Anyone have any ideas?
    >
    >

That is one (but not the only) problem I have experienced after applying all
    the upgrades. By reinstalling NOF10 from scratch and not downloading the
    upgrades all seems OK again. I think the install file I have includes some
    upgrades but not the last two or three.
    --
    Tinkerer

I thought of that also and did try uninstalling and reinstalling fusion 10 with out the updates, than copying the user site file to the new install. None of this helped, it acts like it will open but after 30 seconds it stops and I get the same message "Fusion has encountered a problem and needs to close".
    That is a message from windows and it than ask if I would like to send the information to mircosoft.
    Which I have but I do not get any answers for why from them.

Does any one know of another way to get the file to open? The programs (fusion 10 and 12) do work as long as I do not try to open my site. I can build a new site but sure would like to get the old one to open. If I go to my computer and go to the file (user site) I can open it and see the assets, backups, recovery file and so on, everything looks ok? Fusion just can not seem to open it?

I am having the exact same problem. I have e-mailed Netobjects hopefully to get an answer. I went on their website to get an answer. It does indicate they do not recommend reloading software because it causes problems. This is the first software program that I am aware of that informs you it is not a good idea to do this procedure. I am waiting on a reply from them because this problem occured right from the beginning, before my reload. If I hear any thing I will let you know.