Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: 6 months gone and still no fix for Version 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Trimdoner View Post
    It will be interesting to see if NOF12 ever gets fixed properly! If it ever does, I might just still be tempted to upgrade to 12
    LOL... by then "lucky 13" will be out
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Title of the thread should now be 7 months gone and still no fix for Version 12

Under normal circumstances, with any other purchase, I would have smelled a rat by now, 'Take the money and run' seems to be what has happened.

Once bitten as they say.

Ritch
    NOF 2013: (AU1)......Windows 7 Ultimate Version 6.1 (Build 7601:SP1)
    Mac OSX 10.8.3.....Parallels Desktop 8 (8.0.18483)
    iMac 27" 2.7 GHz Intel Core 2 i5.....12Gb 1333 Mhz DDR3

Everytime this thread pops up to the surface, I can't help but think of Six Months in a Leaky Boat.

It's kind of ironic; NOF v.11 had no updates in years (Sept. 2008), and there was only the occasional moan about when the next update might appear. Then 12 finally appears, which really seems like 11 with a glossy paint job, and all smurf breaks out.

In a way, I feel a bit sorry for the NOF guys. I suspect they've bitten off quite a chunk of debt to re-acquire Fusion from Website Pros, who had let it languish to such a point that sales revenues had fallen through the floor. Now they're struggling to rebuild it with a negligible revenue stream.

There have always been certain folks who have had stability issues with Fusion. (Addendum and I worked together to suss out the fact that Windows Tablet Services caused some issues with V.11. ) The only truly NEW AND IMPROVED bug that I've seen is the PNG graphic issue, and only because V.12 defaults to optimizing PNGs which totally smurfs them up. Turn that off, and you're back to the V.11 behaviour of preview looking awful, but once published looks fine.

All that being said, V.12 is pretty crummy update. There's nothing there that really warrants an upgrade. There's a whole section on this board with suggestions for improvement, and apparently none (or very few) of them implemented. However, I doubt anyone at NetObjects is deliberately trying to rip anyone off. Just trying to keep their leaky boat afloat.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

How is it the software industry has managed to escape the ambulance chasers (attorneys looking for blood) with their licensing agreements. They all say basically, "if it don't work, it's not our fault." I think this needs to change. What other industry do you know of that can sell crap and get away with it? My state has a Lemon Law for cars and I've used it! It has teeth that gets the dealers' attention too.

I have been a software developer for 26 years and my personal ethic would never allow me to to put out such crap as NOF 12 to a customer. Now I've been unemployed for 7 months due to outsourcing but that's another issue entirely. But as I understand it, the developers for NOF are located in Romania. Ever since our country has started sending work overseas to save money, we've got nothing but crap for all the savings. The bean counters have sold us down the river.

It's out now! http://netobjects.com/html/12_5065.html

NOF is a hugely complex program and because there are countless numbers of scenarios and system combinations, I'm sure they have doing their absolute best to bring this update with so many fixes - thank you NetObjects Team!!
    It's not a bug...just an undocumented feature
    Carl Kruck - MetaWeb IT
    http://www.metawebit.com

Joe Rotello

Default Re: 6 months gone and still no fix for Version 12.

On 8/5/2011 2:53 AM, misterkode wrote:
    > It's out now! http://netobjects.com/html/12_5065.html
    >
    > NOF is a hugely complex program and because there are countless numbers
    > of scenarios and system combinations, I'm sure they have doing their
    > absolute best to bring this update with so many fixes - thank you
    > NetObjects Team!!
    >
    >
    >
    > It's not a bug...just an undocumented feature
    > Carl Kruck - MetaWeb IT
    > http://www.metawebit.com

ANY Update is hopefully a good Update, especially for an application as
    complex as Fusion 12/XII.

However, looking at the list of what was fixed, just seems pretty lean.

Yet it is indeed working better than the initial release, and options
    that were not working correctly are now seeming to perform
    satisfactorily or as expected.

Joe

The update to Version 12 is here- lots of improvements. Go to the "Download" menu on the NO website. Let's all move on and continue to give our full support to Netobjects. This is "our" company, and it benefits all of us if each of us continues to support the company by having the latest version, contributing to this forum, including "built with Netobjects" on web sites, and thinking "Netobjects." The more successful the company, the more it will be there for us in the future. Long live Netibjects!

Adrian

On 05/08/2011 15:02, JLewis wrote:
    > The update to Version 12 is here- lots of improvements. Go to the
    > "Download" menu on the NO website. Let's all move on and continue to
    > give our full support to Netobjects. This is "our" company, and it
    > benefits all of us if each of us continues to support the company by
    > having the latest version, contributing to this forum, including "built
    > with Netobjects" on web sites, and thinking "Netobjects." The more
    > successful the company, the more it will be there for us in the future.
    > Long live Netibjects!
    >
    >

I know this'll sound negative - so my apologies in advance.

I've been 3 times to the download page, but can't pluck up the courage
    to download the long-awaited patch, for fear that it'll contain new
    'features' that screw things up even further - and prevent me from
    maintaining the few sites that I still have in NOF.

For me, it's 6 months late in coming...

Adrian

It is always recommended to run the latest version of Fusion, and we encourage all users to do so. Running the latest update is a free way to increase stability, performance and functionality. If you decide to update, you can always add to your peace of mind by first exporting your sites as templates or by using NetObjects Fusion XII’s Backup Manager to preserve a copy of your site.

We also welcome all feedback and have provided these forums as a platform to the community for that purpose. I can assure you that every employee at NetObjects visits these forums, all the way up to CEO. Looking at the list of improvements in Update #1 you can trace many items directly back to user ideas that started here. We make our best effort to address as many issues as possible, and those that aren’t updated today are always on our list to do tomorrow. So please continue to post questions and ideas often, it not only benefits other users, but the team here at NetObjects as well.

Best regards,
    Mike
    NetObjects Technical Support
    forums.NetObjects.com

Adrian

HI Mike

On 05/08/2011 16:38, Mike wrote:
    > It is always recommended to run the latest version of Fusion, and we
    > encourage all users to do so. Running the latest update is a free way to
    > increase stability, performance and functionality.

Yes - I fell for that line back in January with V12 and paid for the
    privilege (both in cash and my wasted time).

Sorry Netobjects - never again.
    Adrian