Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 66

Thread: 6 months gone and still no fix for Version 12.

  1. #41
    Adrian
    Guest

    Default Re: 6 months gone and still no fix for Version 12.

    HI Joe

    Yes - that's the one - but don't tell everybody! <g>

    Adrian

    On 28/07/2011 14:04, Joe Rotello wrote:
    > Adrian...
    >
    > Would that "other" web page/website software that can not be mentioned
    > be related to WYSIWYG 7 ??
    >
    > Just wondering.
    >
    > Joe
    >
    > On 7/28/2011 3:37 AM, Adrian wrote:
    >> On 28/07/2011 01:55, joanell wrote:
    >>> What a blessing for you Through it all you now can write your own
    >>> HTML....

    >>
    >> Very amusing.
    >> I was writing 'my own html' in 1993 - but that's not what I said....
    >>
    >> I've been chastised before for 'advertising' an alternative product -
    >> so I won't mention it again by name - but I can confirm that it's more
    >> stable than NOF12, I find it much more user-friendly, it's easier and
    >> faster to create a presentable website than using NOF12....
    >>
    >> ...and - the big one - support is provided by man who actually wrote the
    >> software - and answers are typically provided within an hour or so.
    >>
    >> Updates are frequent and stable, the company doesn't email you to tell
    >> you how great they are (!), and the product is a quarter the price of
    >> NOF12...
    >>
    >> Anyway all I can say about version XII is brilliant its quicker
    >>> and never crashes I love it!! It is the best software of its kind on the
    >>> market. I have tried them all. I just recently change my PC to a MAC and
    >>> tried all the WYSIWYG software available for the OS X and finally
    >>> installed Window 7 on the MAC and upgraded my NetObjects to the new
    >>> version XII Yes I have a few problems at times however I have found the
    >>> support at NetObject to be very helpfull.
    >>>
    >>>

    >>
    >> You are replying to a message that was posted 7 weeks ago, you've
    >> misread the message completely, and you're praising NOF12.
    >>
    >> Hang on - I remember that pattern - you must be Netobjects Support! <g>
    >>
    >> And before anybody asks why I'm 'still around'....
    >> - because I still have some clients' sites in NOF (not yet migrated to
    >> the website design tool that cannot be mentioned...) so it's useful to
    >> pick up hints and tips from other users
    >> - because I'm wondering just how long it might be before NO _finally_
    >> get around to fixing the bugs that they introduced in NOF12 - back in
    >> January.....
    >>
    >> Adrian

    >



  2. #42
    Senior Member barbara0701's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    You will be amused reading this thread out of the german webbuilder-forums:

    http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder-forum.d...66-WWB-Zukunft

    Let Google translate this for you, it's quite interesting.

    Adrian, I think we've got your point, no need to reiterate

  3. #43
    Senior Member gotFusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    www.gotHosting.biz
    Posts
    4,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    O
    I've been chastised before for 'advertising' an alternative product -
    so I won't mention it again by name -
    I don't recall anyone being told not to mention other products and I have been on the NetO groups since the version 2 nntp group was started.

    I can't begin to count the number of times I have posted links to the 30 day trial download of Dreamweaver and encouraged users on these groups give it a test drive.

    You should take a look at the new CS 5.5 product if do not already have it. It is very nice (yes I have had my own copy since it was released)

    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/in...ver&loc=en_xap

    Oh gee... Did I post that link again
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

  4. #44
    Adrian
    Guest

    Default Re: 6 months gone and still no fix for Version 12.

    Sorry Barbara - more 'bemused' than 'amused' <g>
    - machine translation never was that effective.

    I'm sure we could all easily find negative threads about almost anything
    on the web - doesn't really prove much.

    In the end it's all down to personal experience, and I, for one am
    delighted with WYSIWYG and totally disenchanted with NOF12.

    But that's just my personal experience...
    - YMMV, as the Americans say....

    Adrian

    On 28/07/2011 14:34, barbara0701 wrote:
    > You will be amused reading this thread out of the german
    > webbuilder-forums:
    >
    > http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder-forum.d...66-WWB-Zukunft
    >
    > Let Google translate this for you, it's quite interesting.
    >
    > Adrian, I think we've got your point, no need to reiterate
    >
    >
    >
    > "When the shoe fits, you don't think about the foot" (Chuang Chou)
    > '*NOF-SCHULE - Forum, Tutorials, Support für NetObjects Fusion*'
    > (http://www.nof-schule.de) | *'Understanding CSS and Styles in NOF -
    > Tutorial in English'
    > (http://www.nof-schule.de/netobjects-.../CSS-in-NOF/)* |



  5. #45
    Junior Member Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch, Dorset UK
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Built my business since 2003 using NO but after waiting all year for something to ease the software which as far as I'm concerned is not fit for use if you have to keep taking alternative action. I'm disgusted as I even supplied a whole site that I was having problems with to be told we will look at it and find a solution . . . . well I guess they must be really stumped on a very basic site and still working out how to get round the problems that I was having.

    I have although built some nice sites without too much of a problem but then something pops up and really p***** me off big time. I made a site last week using a template as the starting point and editing the hell out of it yet I go to do a similar thing today and NO decides to freeze up.

    Ok I'm using Windows 7 on very hi-spec machines, this is the only software that I get a problem with and it's about time NO get their fingers out of their rears and give us something to use that is solid and reliable and not something that falls over at the slightest thing.

    NETOBJECTS GET YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER!!

  6. #46
    Twayne
    Guest

    Default Re: 6 months gone and still no fix for Version 12.

    In news:j0r3kl$5cb$1@DailyPlanet.news.netobjects.com,
    Adrian <adrian@inspired-glass.com> typed:
    > On 28/07/2011 01:55, joanell wrote:
    >> What a blessing for you Through it all you now can write
    >> your own HTML....

    >
    > Very amusing.
    > I was writing 'my own html' in 1993 - but that's not what
    > I said....
    > I've been chastised before for 'advertising' an
    > alternative product - so I won't mention it again by name
    > - but I can confirm that it's more stable than NOF12, I
    > find it much more user-friendly, it's easier and faster
    > to create a presentable website than using NOF12....
    > ...and - the big one - support is provided by man who
    > actually wrote the software - and answers are typically
    > provided within an hour or so.
    > Updates are frequent and stable, the company doesn't
    > email you to tell you how great they are (!), and the
    > product is a quarter the price of NOF12...
    >
    > Anyway all I can say about version XII is brilliant its
    > quicker
    >> and never crashes I love it!! It is the best software of
    >> its kind on the market. I have tried them all. I just
    >> recently change my PC to a MAC and tried all the WYSIWYG
    >> software available for the OS X and finally installed
    >> Window 7 on the MAC and upgraded my NetObjects to the
    >> new version XII Yes I have a few problems at times
    >> however I have found the support at NetObject to be very
    >> helpfull.

    >
    > You are replying to a message that was posted 7 weeks
    > ago, you've misread the message completely, and you're
    > praising NOF12.
    > Hang on - I remember that pattern - you must be
    > Netobjects Support! <g>
    > And before anybody asks why I'm 'still around'....
    > - because I still have some clients' sites in NOF (not
    > yet migrated to the website design tool that cannot be
    > mentioned...) so it's useful to pick up hints and tips
    > from other users - because I'm wondering just how long it
    > might be before NO _finally_ get around to fixing the
    > bugs that they introduced in NOF12 - back in January.....
    >
    > Adrian


    Or NOF 11 for that matter; many of those problems were carried riight over
    to 12.



  7. #47
    Senior Member franko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tasmania Australia
    Posts
    2,613

    Default

    Ok I'm using Windows 7 on very hi-spec machines, this is the only software that I get a problem with
    Really??? Then you can't be using many applications. I use the full CS suite and applications sometimes crash the machine. I also use high-end video editing software and that sometimes crash windows. Sometimes no external apps are running and windows manages to crash itself!

    Frankly, when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Try looking at the complexity and code history of the underlying OS and you're much more likely to find the cause of crashes than one single application.

    And yes, I use very high spec machines also, custom built for me.

  8. #48
    Junior Member Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch, Dorset UK
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Really??? Then you can't be using many applications. I use the full CS suite and applications sometimes crash the machine. I also use high-end video editing software and that sometimes crash windows. Sometimes no external apps are running and windows manages to crash itself!

    Frankly, when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Try looking at the complexity and code history of the underlying OS and you're much more likely to find the cause of crashes than one single application.

    And yes, I use very high spec machines also, custom built for me.

    Why is JUST one single application failing? Because it is NOT fit for service as advertised as NO have fallen way behind while Windows 7 moves forward with update after update as do other software vendors to keep up. It's simple really if you release software for sale stating that it works and is compatible with Windows 7 then you have to keep up with the progression of operating systems to ensure your clients have software they can use which NO is failing to do.

    I too use many software packages including as you mentioned CS5 for daily use in my web business, print and design business, photography and media operations as well yet NO is the only cause of major headaches.

    Adrian suggested some software which I downloaded a trial version, after many trials I decided to purchase the software which is marketed at a very competitive price which I feel is more than well worth the small investment, in fact I made a website for a client using it so it has already paid for itself in one hit with a tremendous amount of downtime saved and a happy client with a website live in far less time than NO would currently take me to build.

    Far too many people have rose tinted glasses on and need to take them off to see that NO are not fulfilling their statement that their software is Windows 7 compliant, it isn't and they should be accountable and issue updates to ensure that everyone who has purchased the software in good faith can use the software to it's full capabilities. For instance you wouldn't go and purchase a car and be happy if one or two of the cylinders were not functioning would you? Well I'm not happy with NO's attitude to loyal clients who I feel have been robbed blind.

  9. #49
    Twayne
    Guest

    Default Re: 6 months gone and still no fix for Version 12.

    In news:franko.4xq3t6@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com,
    franko <franko.4xq3t6@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com> typed:
    >> Ok I'm using Windows 7 on very hi-spec machines, this is
    >> the only software that I get a problem with

    >
    > Really??? Then you can't be using many applications. I
    > use the full CS suite and applications sometimes crash
    > the machine. I also use high-end video editing software
    > and that sometimes crash windows. Sometimes no external
    > apps are running and windows manages to crash itself!


    With the exception of CS Suite, I use those apps you mentioned and more. And
    Windows does not "crash itself" at all here. For whatever reason, windows
    just does not crash on my three machines; two desktops and a laptop.
    You first state that the poster must not be using "many applicatons" and
    then turn around and indicate that windows crashes itself when it's not
    running "external apps" which in and of itself is meaningless as stated.

    IF you have a question, you haven't asked for it and IF you have help for
    the poster, you haven't given it. Whch of course makes the post meaniingless
    for any on-topic post. If you want your post to be of any value, then you
    must include details. Otherwise you're pretty much looking like a troll or
    just want to vent your spleen.
    Most everyone is aware by now that NOF 12 had bugs incorporated into it,
    several more that are carry-overs (never fixed) and none of the recent
    owners of NOF12 (It's purportedly NOT NO) have given so much as a tiny piece
    of feces for its customers. I suspect IPR however might still be owned by
    NetObjects.

    So why do I still read these posts? Because I want to see whatever finally
    happens and be around on the day it all comes to light. There is a large
    fraud being pulled on NO's customers and since they're still selling their
    almost malware,

    >
    > Frankly, when all you have is a hammer, everything looks
    > like a nail.


    No, when all you have is a hammer, you look for additional tools, ingeneious
    ways to use a hammer, or do nothing.
    It is still true that the European site still offers support. I've seen
    it mentioned here lately as a matter of fact.

    Try looking at the complexity and code
    > history of the underlying OS and you're much more likely
    > to find the cause of crashes than one single application.


    As opposed to what? This begs to be compared to something where the code
    shows noticable improvements/capabilities. Because YOU (and most others)
    don't understand it, means nothing whiich makes you credible in that area.

    >
    > And yes, I use very high spec machines also, custom built
    > for me.


    Oh gee,very high spec, custom built machines! What high specs and custome
    built by who? Dell? Gateway? Cyberguys? Who?

    Lots of smoke; no fire





  10. #50
    Senior Member Trimdoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Durham, UK
    Posts
    212

    Default

    So why do I still read these posts? Because I want to see whatever finally
    happens and be around on the day it all comes to light.
    It will be interesting to see if NOF12 ever gets fixed properly!
    If it ever does, and the company itself shows signs of life and customer care, I might just still be tempted to upgrade to 12, as 11 and previous versions have served me very well. But until, that day I'll stick with NOF11 and my other web building tools.

    But considering the progress made up to now (none evident), I think I may well have retired before then

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •