Thread: I have a website Fusion 11 www.richsbody.com

Default I have a website Fusion 11 www.richsbody.com

My website was desined by a person who is no longer around. I need to change some of the things in my website. I have no soft ware. I have no idea what to do. Or how to do it. Rich

Do you have the original Fusion files? Or can you get them?

The most straightforward answer is, you would need to:
    1. locate the original fusion file (.NOD extension)
    2. purchase Fusion, or hire someone with Fusion, to do the updates
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Do you actually own or have access to the domain itself?
    You may be just as well off downloading or saving the website content that you need straight from the web page by page, or download and save the whole site using something like http://www.httrack.com/ and finding someone else to rebuild the site from scratch. Saving the whole website now might save you problems later if it goes offline due to your previous webmaster deleting content etc.

I do not have the original file. What does it cost to purchase Fusion? If I hired some one I will be back in the same spot later on. This website will be constenly changing. Rich

Yes I own the domain.Godaddy is hosting it for me. If I can learn how to change things like the contact. It says to email richsbody@iterrene.net. Iterrene is going out of business. I need to change it to my email on the site so I can go in every day and check for masages. When I did Tracks last year. I went back for 12 months I had 24,000 hits. My site is working. I need to change some pictures, make some other things clearer. I don't need a new site. I need to learn how to do upkeep on this one and post current pictures. Rich

If all you want to do is change an email address download the page, edit it with notepad, and upload it back to your hosting account. To locate the email address just use the find function and change it.

That solves your pressing issue. To do more you are going to have to find the Fusion project file that created the html pages...

Take a look around on your hosting account. The person who created the site may have uploaded the Fusion data file somewhere on your account.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Here are your options and how they break down. Whether you end up doing it yourself or outsourcing depends on how comfortable you are with the technology.

• Locate the original .NOD source files, and do the updates in Fusion. Fusion v.11 can be had pretty cheaply if you happen across the right circumstances. For example, there are some hosting companies that are providing v.11 branded with their company name to their customers either free or for a small fee. E.G. Netfirms sells it to their customers for $5. The current version, v.12, sells for around $200.
    • Download the site files and use an HTML editor to make the modifications you want. Kompozer is a decent enough HTML editor, and is free.
    • Hire someone to set up a Content Management System. This could be edited into your existing site and provide you with a fairly straight-forward means to make content updates. This can be a web-based system like CushyCMS or a script-based system (if GoDaddy allows this) that runs on your server.
    • Have the site rebuilt/rebuild the site using whatever software tools you'd like, and then maintain it from there.

Hiring someone does not necessarily mean you'll be in the same spot down the road. Lots of us maintain the sites we've developed on an ongoing basis. It is not unreasonable to ask for the source files (Fusion, Dreamweaver, etc.) in case whomever you've hired moves on. Then it's just a matter of providing the source files to someone else. Then it's just a matter of passing the files onto someone else, or continuing on your own using the framework that's been established.

What does NOT work, is importing the existing site into NOF to update it. It's advertised as a "feature", but doesn't work well at all. Because NOF is an HTML generator that outputs the HTML code for your site from your layout saved in the .NOD file. I like to say it's like putting a loaf of bread in your bread machine and asking it to produce flour, sugar, yeast and shortening. That's why and HTML editor would be the way to go if you don't have the .NOD file.

Hope that helps.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Will you help me with my website. I get confused with trms like " Hosting " find some one to host my site. I pay Godaddy for " Hosting " is there two kinds of " Hosting"? Hosting my account in your answer you say will be available for $5.00 per month. That to me ment every time I do a wedding or event and I want to post on my website Pictures, and Testomoinals about the event would that be coverred in the $5.00 " Hostting " fee. Rich Somers Rich's Body Old Autos/Special Events www.richsbody.com Email richsbody@wildblue.net

I went on your site and could not figure out how to ask a question about hosting. Rich Somers Rich's Body Old Autos/Special Events richsbody@wildblue.net

Larry in AZ

Default Re: I have a website Fusion 11 www.richsbody.com

Waiving the right to remain silent, richsbody <richsbody.4vp7ew@no-
    mx.forums.netobjects.com> said:

>
    > My website was desined by a person who is no longer around. I need to
    > change some of the things in my website. I have no soft ware. I have no
    > idea what to do. Or how to do it. Rich

Is the designer dead..? If not, then he probably still has the creation
    files somewhere and you should be able to get them. Ask for a Template file
    of the site. That's the best way to get it moved to another designer with
    NOF. Failing that, he should at least have the latest .NOD file.

They exist - somewhere.........

--
    Larry J. - Remove spamtrap in ALLCAPS to e-mail

"A lack of common sense is now considered a disability,
    with all the privileges that this entails."