Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!

Default Help!

I'm a video editor/2D motion graphic designer that has recently purchased Fusion 12.
    I'm recreating my video website and want to add a website porfolio page to my design company.
    I've created a website template in Fusion 12 to have on my website portfolio of my main site.
    Can anyone help me with importing a site within a site?
    Thank you.
    CA

Easiest option is to call in the external pages using an iFrame.
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

Thank you for responding! Could you explain the process of using an iFrame and will this allow the imported website to still be functional or are they pages to view?
    Thank you.
    CA

An iFrame or Inline Frame is simply a way of inserting a page into a page.

Here are three examples:-

[a] A client site that wanted to show a lot of technical information without the effort of maintaining it - so they used someone else's!! FAIA. The down side is that you get the WHOLE page and you have no control over the content.

[b] One of my own sites. Uses the iFrame technique to call in many smaller pages I created. Everything between the top 20 images and the bottom 20 images is a separate page (one for each of the thumbnail images) and it displays in an iFrame.

[c] A demo slider that contains an iFrame call for Google - see slide labelled iFrame.

Easy to implement with NOF. There's an icon for it on the toolbar. Click and draw on your page layout and enter the URL of the page you want to call in.
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM

Default Fabulous.

Thank you..I've gotten that to work.
    I have another question. On my website I have several demo reels that need to be viewed by clients.
    I'd like to create 1 box for viewing 6 videos upon demand and have a title link of each to actuate the respective video.
    How would I go about doing this?
    Thank you so much.
    CA

Same method then. Create several borderless pages and drop in each video. Have the page where you want to display each video and create your links (text or images) and link each link to each video but make the target an iFrame. See the example in http://www.nutspokerclothing.com/html/most_popular.html

Hi Paul. Thank you for your response! Should I create the borderless pages as children of my video portfolio page? Then on the portfolie page create the IFrame that I want all the videos to play back in? Then create type that will have each of the videos named under the iFrame? Then link all of the video names to their respective child page?
    My current website is fluiditymotiondesign.com if you'd like to load it up it has my portfolio page of how I want my new Fusion portfolio to look.
    Thank you.
    Cheryl

Quote Originally Posted by canderson1226 View Post
    Hi Paul. Thank you for your response! Should I create the borderless pages as children of my video portfolio page? Then on the portfolie page create the IFrame that I want all the videos to play back in? Then create type that will have each of the videos named under the iFrame? Then link all of the video names to their respective child page?
    My current website is fluiditymotiondesign.com if you'd like to load it up it has my portfolio page of how I want my new Fusion portfolio to look.
    Thank you.
    Cheryl
    1. You can put the pages anywhere you like, as you'll be calling them in via an iFrame.
    2. Yes change portfolio.html so the bottom of the page has the iFrame. No borders, no scroll bars.
    3. Create a page called compilation.html and set it to the same size as the video (320x240) and place your compilation video in that page.
    4. Create a page called commercial.html and set it to the same size as the video (320x240) and place your commercial video in that page.
    5. Create a page called corporate.html and set it to the same size as the video (320x240) and place your corporate in that page.
    6. Continue to create pages as above as required.
    7. Go back to your portfolio.html page and create some text or thumbnail image links e.g. | Compilation | Corporate | and so on and link these to their respective pages but just make sure the target goes to the iFrame.

Hi Paul. Sorry the delay in getting back to you!
    Thank you so much for your help!! It's great, I got it to work.
    I really appreciate your help.

My pleasure