Thread: Dead in the water with Fusion 11, Need help, Any Help!

Default Dead in the water with Fusion 11, Need help, Any Help!

I've posted a support ticket and fusion people are pretty fast on replying, my problem is my backup fusion has been crippled for 6 months and no one in support has been able to fix it and NOW my primary fusion suddenly became crippled rendering me dead in the water.

the problem is When I tried to re-optimize my website OR load an external Template OR Start a NEW BLANK Site I get a message "An Error occurred when creating the site. Please check if you have anough disk Space.".

I do!!! - the LEAST amount of space available on ANY of my hard disks are: 48.8 GBs.

This error began with re-optimize which at the end issues this message and follows with a contact support at netfusion message, so I exported the site to a template and tried to load it in FRESH, that failed so I tried to create a blank site that failed also.

A Speedy answer would be nice since I planned to post changes by tommarrow wednesday 4pm and I don't have a backup fusion while I wait for support to answer WHY I can't update my version 10 on the backup machine (its been 6+ months)

I will try a checkdsk, and may try a reload of the software from scratch on the backup machine first since if I totally cripple my primary machine running fusion I cannot afford to be down for 6 months hopeing for a fix.

I hope someone in the community can guide me towards a solution as I blast away partitions and reload software all ove rthe place trying to get fusion to work.

Duftopia,
    Did you say "partitions"???
    I had all sorts of trouble once when I tried to run the NOF program and it's supporting directories over 2 different drives. NOF hates it. Try and keep evereything on the 1 drive so that it's internal links are all happy.
    Hope this helps.
    Bert542

I've had Fusion on 1 Drive in my primary system when this problem suddenly started to happen a few days ago, my backup machine has fusion installed on drive C and the data files on Drive E.

I just tried to put everything (on the backup machine) into one drive to see if I can at least get fusion running there but that failed, what is more disturbing is that over 6 months of loading and re-loading fusion 10 on the backup machine and following fusion support I misplaced my original fusion 10 cd so now I am MEGA-CRIPPLED, and I planned things so well to avoid such issues and here I am with no less than 6 fusions installed on 2 computers waiting for support to tell me why in gods name does fusion 11 THINK my hard disk may be full when I have 48 gigs free OR to fix my backup machines msxml, fsi,dll or script errors Holy cow am I in trouble

Max

Default Re: Dead in the water with Fusion 11, Need help, Any Help!

See the thread 'Problem creating new site' started by eli on June 17.

Max

---
    Duftopia wrote:
    I've had Fusion on 1 Drive in my primary system when this problem
    suddenly started to happen a few days ago, my backup machine has fusion
    installed on drive C and the data files on Drive E.

I just tried to put everything (on the backup machine) into one drive
    to see if I can at least get fusion running there but that failed, what
    is more disturbing is that over 6 months of loading and re-loading
    fusion 10 on the backup machine and following fusion support I misplaced
    my original fusion 10 cd so now I am MEGA-CRIPPLED, and I planned things
    so well to avoid such issues and here I am with no less than 6 fusions
    installed on 2 computers waiting for support to tell me why in gods name
    does fusion 11 THINK my hard disk may be full when I have 48 gigs free
    OR to fix my backup machines msxml, fsi,dll or script errors Holy cow am
    I in trouble

I've read the thread problem creating a new site - however without a backup site re-install could cripple wipe out everything!!, So I need to imgage my whole system beofre I venture forth into that, is there no easier solution, this problem sounds like a quick fix afterall why would a application suddenly fail all the ime out of the blue like this?

Twayne

Default Re: Dead in the water with Fusion 11, Need help, Any Help!

In newsuftopia.4w3whp@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com,
    Duftopia <Duftopia.4w3whp@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com> typed:
    > I've read the thread problem creating a new site -
    > however without a backup site re-install could cripple
    > wipe out everything!!, So I need to imgage my whole
    > system beofre I venture forth into that, is there no
    > easier solution, this problem sounds like a quick fix
    > afterall why would a application suddenly fail all the
    > ime out of the blue like this?

Malware and/or file corruption are common. NOF may be showing the symptoms
    but the root cause may be elsewhere in your system files/supporting apps.
    With NOF, the best backup is a "template" which allows you to have
    everything zipped into one single file that can be up an running on another
    machine with NOF on it just by opening/decompressing the zip file.
    EVERYTHING needed for a site goes into the template.zip files. "Template" is
    a serious misnomer on NOF's part and should have been called a packager or
    something more logical. I create a new template EVERY time I make a change
    to a site; then I use xxcopy to back it up and add the date to the filename.

HTH,

Twayne`

I agree templates are the ONLY backups and re-installer methodologies left in NOF. I made templates before and after this problem and NONE of them load without generating this error.

I've run multiple Commertial AV scans and the updated MS malware (rootkit) software and found nothing, I've done Chkdsk, Defrag , Sector by sector HD bad sector scan (hours) and still nothing, I've multiple checkpoint registry restores to over a month back and none of them effect this problem. Support is on day 2 and I am crippled, luckily ALL my clients left fusion years ago, so I am the only one running it.