Thread: Fusion 11 out of disk space error

Default Fusion 11 out of disk space error

Message to support:

When I try to create a New site I get the message "an error occured while creating the site. Check if you have enough disk space."

I have over 40 gigs free on ALL hard disk, when I try to optimize a site I get the same message which is then followed by another message "Netobjects was unable to recover the site. Please send en E-mail to netobjects technical support support@netobjects.com"

I did, also loading exported templates also fail, all I ran in the last few days was windows updates.

Netobjects fusion 10 on my NEW system still works but cannot read in the new fusion 11 site.

I tried creating a blank template that did not resolve the problem, I tried a system checkpoint restore back over 1 month and that did not help either.

ON MY BACKUP SYSTEM

Fusion mx install is crippled with script errors

Fusion 10 is cripped with message "incorrect FSI.DLL please re-install"

Fusion 11 is Crippled with "setup detected msxml 6.0 missing...." problem that i've had for 6+ mopnths that technical support has not address - but made me do enough things to probably damage fusion 10 on the backup machine and I now lost /misplaced my fusion 10 cd!

So I am DEAD in the water, will you guys be able to help me in a timely fashion or at least guide me down a road to get my system up to make money that will eventually be used to upgrade to fusion 12!

Thank You
    (day 2)

I assume that you are asking about Fusion 11 so I moved this post out of the Fusion 9 group into the Fusion 11 group.

If you are not asking for help with Fusion 11 please let me know which version you need help with so I get your question into the proper group.

Quote Originally Posted by Duftopia View Post
    Message to support:

When I try to create a New site I get the message "an error occured while creating the site. Check if you have enough disk space."

I have over 40 gigs free on ALL hard disk, when I try to optimize a site I get the same message which is then followed by another message "Netobjects was unable to recover the site. Please send en E-mail to netobjects technical support support@netobjects.com"

I did, also loading exported templates also fail, all I ran in the last few days was windows updates.

Netobjects fusion 10 on my NEW system still works but cannot read in the new fusion 11 site.

I tried creating a blank template that did not resolve the problem, I tried a system checkpoint restore back over 1 month and that did not help either.

ON MY BACKUP SYSTEM

Fusion mx install is crippled with script errors

Fusion 10 is cripped with message "incorrect FSI.DLL please re-install"

Fusion 11 is Crippled with "setup detected msxml 6.0 missing...." problem that i've had for 6+ mopnths that technical support has not address - but made me do enough things to probably damage fusion 10 on the backup machine and I now lost /misplaced my fusion 10 cd!

So I am DEAD in the water, will you guys be able to help me in a timely fashion or at least guide me down a road to get my system up to make money that will eventually be used to upgrade to fusion 12!

Thank You
    (day 2)
    Hi Duftopia,

First, your original issue. Please read the following thread:

http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...om-NOF-8-to-12

Now, the current issue.

I've seen this error when the New Blank Site.zip file has been edited or corrupted. Not sure about the previous templates having the same issue, haven't seen that, but lets try replacing the New Blank Site.zip file. I have sent a replacement to your registered email.

For version 11, the Blank Site.zip file is located here (win Vista):
    Public > Documents > NetObjects Fusion 11.0 > Templates > AutoSites > Blank Site

Replace the zip file with the one I sent over and let me know your results.
    Last edited by Adam; 06-30-2011 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Default Yes I've done that now twice

Yes my question is about Fusion 11, and yes I've done exactly that. Oddly enough the fusion 10 directory HAS a templates folder in it whereas the fusion 11 upgrade DID not so I created it and added the blank.zip file

Fusion support said re-install fusion 11, however considering my backup system is completely down all fusions from mx - 11 and I've misplaced my fusion 10 cd, I would be completly without recourse, right now my fusion 10 is running fine on my primary.

Should I risk a fusion 11 re-install?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Hi Duftopia,

First, your original issue. Please read the following thread:

http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...om-NOF-8-to-12

Now, the current issue.

I've seen this error when the New Blank Site.zip file has been edited or corrupted. Not sure about the previous templates having the same issue, haven't seen that, but lets try replacing the New Blank Site.zip file. I have sent a replacement to your registered email.

For version 11, the Blank Site.zip file is located here (win Vista):
    Public > Documents > NetObjects Fusion 11.0 > Templates > AutoSites > Blank Site

Replace the zip file with the one I sent over and let me know your results.

Twayne

Default Re: Fusion 11 out of disk space error

In newsuftopia.4w65pn@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com,
    Duftopia <Duftopia.4w65pn@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com> typed:
    > Yes my question is about Fusion 11, and yes I've done
    > exactly that. Oddly enough the fusion 10 directory HAS a
    > templates folder in it whereas the fusion 11 upgrade DID
    > not so I created it and added the blank.zip file
    >
    > Fusion support said re-install fusion 11, however
    > considering my backup system is completely down all
    > fusions from mx - 11 and I've misplaced my fusion 10 cd,
    > I would be completly without recourse, right now my
    > fusion 10 is running fine on my primary.
    >
    > Should I risk a fusion 11 re-install?

You could lessen the risk by taking everything in that site and manualle
    creating a zip file (winzip, 7zip, whatever) of it all, then saving it off
    to some other location. That way you could always get back anything you
    wanted to from the manually created zip, including everything if you needed
    it.
    I'd probably try a reinstall next, just so I wouldn't wonder about it in
    the future.

HTH,

Twayne`

The re-install seems to be working.

I've done zip files and raw copys of just fusion to backup areas, but you will learn as I did that fusion can get badly corrupt though registery files or othershared files it store in the windows PRIMARY drive.

The real safety net for fusion (thusfar) has been the full site exports, they get zipped and they have always been my safety net, that an images of the entire system.

However again with fusion a simple system checkpoit restore will corrupt and destroy pages from the website, fusion is very vulnerable to the windows registry.

Thanks for the advice, will document the whole process I had to do to fix this issue for prosterity when I know its been fixed.

Twayne

Default Re: Fusion 11 out of disk space error

In newsuftopia.4w9xt9@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com,
    Duftopia <Duftopia.4w9xt9@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com> typed:
    > The re-install seems to be working.
    >
    > I've done zip files and raw copys of just fusion to
    > backup areas, but you will learn as I did that fusion can
    > get badly corrupt though registery files or othershared
    > files it store in the windows PRIMARY drive.
    >
    > The real safety net for fusion (thusfar) has been the
    > full site exports, they get zipped and they have always
    > been my safety net, that an images of the entire system.
    >
    > However again with fusion a simple system checkpoit
    > restore will corrupt and destroy pages from the website,
    > fusion is very vulnerable to the windows registry.
    >
    > Thanks for the advice, will document the whole process I
    > had to do to fix this issue for prosterity when I know
    > its been fixed.

Thanks; looking forward to your synopsis as I know others must be too. I'm
    aware that Master Borders get pretty well skewed/screwed but as long as
    there weren't too many of them used, it's not that bad a job to figure out
    fixes.
    What I've never gotten a good handle on is the error message about the
    page beng too large to display so nothing will display, makiing it pretty
    much impossible to figuer out what went wrong. It seems like someone figured
    that one out a long tme ago but I've never been able to relocate the data to
    document it.

Luck,

Twayne`

I Know that error, I've been there!!!, Yes its a terribly hard little fix thats I should have captured, I recall it has something to do with the LAYOUT, Yes the LAYOUT has to be modified for the masterboarder issue to work if I recall correctly.

I couldn't remember the workaround so I now copy and paste pages to avoid it AND when fusion goes mad and masterboarders & layout get corrupt an export to a template folowed by an import will fix it - just remember that during the import you will be asked "use current master boards" or old master boards, and you can load it into new master borders.

Keep in mind your site style will be bonzo but that usually can be fixed with by selecting the sitestyle you used again in the layout unless (like me) you foolishing chose a Fusion 4 or mx style that has long been retired.

Hope that helps.

Synopsis of my recent out of disk space was apparently re-load fusion 11 see below for pitfalls to be wary off:

A FULL day operation - - ->
    The final solution to the out of space error:

1) Support suggests I re-install fusion 11
    2) Ghost 15 used to image Hard disk
    3) Fusion 11 deleted and re-installed
    4) Re-Optimize and Import of Templates Hang at %86 done, Creating a Blank site works, Fusion 10 still operational
    5) Install Fusion 11 Update #1, Message - English version required for this update!
    6) Uninstall Fusion 11, Reinstall Fusion 11 with the .ENG at the end of the file instead of the middle - check fusion 10 still works
    7) Install Fusion 11 update #1, Process completes
    8) Run Fusion 11 message - error 0x00000 registering library JDX Compiler.ocx fusion might be corrupt
    9) Try to run fusion 10 its is down - discover fusion 10 & 11 .exe file missing
    10) Run Restore on backup to recover fusion.exe - error in ghost image recovery program errors some complex nonsense.... (I think the time is coming for acronis image as ghost gets worse and worse)

11) Reboot run restore of fusion.exe for version 10 & 11 and succeed fusion 10 back to operational
    12) Run Fusion 11 update #1, it works and installs
    13) Fusion 11 exe file gone Bonzo... fusion.exe version 10 survives this time!!!
    14) Run restore of fusion.exe version 11 (after testing 10 ok) and it runs
    15) Blank site test works, re-optimize takes 2-3 times longer and looks hung but Eventually works.
    16) Life became a little more difficult with fusion BUT it is back to a working state 6 months of waiting or re-installing OS uneeded.

* Cursor issue in entire system , Now cursor vanishes in wor, on IE8 Forms entry boxes and other apps.

Things to note about fusion 11 update:

There are two updates floating about from Fusion and possibly ASk.net - MAKE Sure you run the correct one or you will damage previous installs and be crippled.
    NOF update #1 is dangerous make backups before running.
    Suttle damage to the registry files for graphics controls, cursor issues for all apps, darker screen. Possible aero win 7 features have been damaged by this procedurel
    Always make template backups of everything and very frequently
    Reboot after running fusion fixes Unstable Ghost Image becomes even more unstable with unstable fusion, that or its a .net problem I strongly suspect!
    Never ask for help and expect it in reasonable time from the fusion people (PERSON)

And that concludes the recovery of my primary system, my backup system is beyond reasonable hope that even th efusion person could not help, so I am (after 20 years of being a %100 legit software buyer) going to try a torrent approach to fixing that!

Please first do a search for "Blank.zip" in the forums for a solution to this issue, I strong suspect that solution would halp the majority of corruptions due to disk space error, it did not in my case but both Support and a number of other in teh forums verified that they fixed the problem replacing "blank.zip" template in AutoSites.

Duf