Thread: how to change remote publish settings?

Default how to change remote publish settings?

PLEASE HELP! I use Net Objects Fusion Essentials and have published my website and easily made changes for years. I just received an email from Earthlink about their web hosting upgrade. It states that "for uninterrupted service, please update your FTP settings to the following: Server: ftp.domain.com (ftp. in front of your domain name), User: domain.com (your domain name), Pass: Web site password (case sensitive) Dir: public" HOW DO I MAKE THIS CHANGE? Thank you.

Hello Michelle,

have a look at this tutorial:

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=356

Thanks but the tutorial says when I click publish settings it should open a publish settings palette. Mine doesn't, the screen just appears to refresh itself. Does the palette only appear if your site hasn't been published yet? Mine has been published but now Earthlink wants me to make a change.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle.norris View Post
    Thanks but the tutorial says when I click publish settings it should open a publish settings palette. Mine doesn't, the screen just appears to refresh itself. Does the palette only appear if your site hasn't been published yet? Mine has been published but now Earthlink wants me to make a change.
    If you are using vista or windows 7 you need to set Fusion to run as admin: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4037

Are you sure you have a retail copy of the software and not a proprietary (locked) version ?

Earthlink gave away proprietary versions of Fusion and you may have one of them.

Did you download the product from the NetO site ? http://netobjects.com/html/essentials.html
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I am on Vista. I don't remember for sure but I think I downloaded the Net Objects Fusion Essentials from NetO's site because at the time I was trying to get away from Earthlink's Trellix site builder. When I click compatibility tab in fusion.exe, I see the run... but cannot check the box. Now what? If I have to download new software, will I lose my website?

It sounds like you do not have admin rights on your computer. I.E. you are logged in as a user not an administrator. Log out and log back in as an administrator.

You have to remember that Fusion essentials is Fusion 7.5 and was released back when windows 2000 was the dominant OS in use and XP was just gaining popularity. It does not know anything about Vista or Windows 7 security restrictions. It has to be run in administration mode as it writes to protected areas of your computer (areas that windows vista and 7 do not allow users to write to).

Fusion 12 is vista and windows 7 compatible.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thank you so much for your help. I'm pretty sure I am logged on as administrator. There are no choices when I log off, just one so I assume that's administrator. If I am having troubles because of the age of the software, is there a newer version of the free Essentials software... or is that why it's free? If I change to Fusion 12, is it an upgrade or a new purchase (price)? What will happen to my existing website I have built on Essentials? Will I simply open it with Fusion 12 or will I need to rebuild? I am so frustrated right now because it's been working just fine and Earthlink moved me to a new server and I'm "out of business" now!

Logging on as an administrator isn't the same as running the program with an administrator Privilege Level. Right click on the program icon and go to the Compatibility tab. Check the box near the bottom.

There's only one Fusion Essentials... a relabeled Fusion 7.5.

Yous sites in Essentials can be exported as templates and new sites from those templates can then be created in Fusion 12.

Essentials qualifies you for upgrade pricing on Fusion 12.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

When I right click on the program icon and choose the compatibility tab, I see the privilege level box. It does not allow me to check the box next to run this program as an administrator. Is there any way to change this or am I stuck because I use Vista (note... this computer has only had Vista and everything worked fine until Earthlink upgraded the server for my web hosting account).