Thread: Images get 'lost' when publising to new Netfirms platform

Question Images get 'lost' when publising to new Netfirms platform

Hi,

Officially I use NetObjects Fusion Netfirms Edition these days, but I believe this is Fusion 10 (more-or-less).

Like others, my problems began when Netfirms moved my website over to their new platform. After several weeks, I realised that when I published any changes I made in Fusion, there was no change to the actual website.

I contacted Netfirms, and at their instruction, changed the FTP directory name in Fusion's 'Publish Settings' to the new /public_html/ format.

Unfortunately this only solved half the problem. While text or formatting changes I make now appear on my website, any images I add appear as broken links. Netfirms says this is a settings problem within Fusion. They claim that Fusion is sending the images to the wrong place, but can't help me find the solution, since Netfirms no longer supports my software (even though it bears their name!).

Has anyone had similar problems, and if so, were they able to solve them?

Thanks

NetFirms has issues...

Fusion publishes to the directory you tell it to.. and creates sub-directories as needed within that directory.

It certainly doesn't publish to some mystery location outside of that tree.

What's the URL of your site?
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

My url is www.jaspasjourney.com

I agree that Netfirms have issues, but they've basically said 'It's not our fault' despite the fact that everything worked fine before they moved over to their new platform. They stick by their premise that Fusion is somehow failing to send the images to the right place, or not sending them at all.

The text etc is going to the correct directory, but Netfirms says the images aren't turning up in the appropriate subdirectory. I've also just realised that a link to a pdf file I recently added doesn't work either:

http://www.jaspasjourney.com/The_Her...-_Prologue.pdf

I'm tearing my hair out, because if I can't find a solution - if from now on I can't send ANY new images, or change banners or whatever - I'm faced with the prospect of having to rebuild my entire site from scratch using different software.
    Last edited by Jaspa; 07-07-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Again... this is not a Fusion problem.

Do a local publish and see if everything is there.

A local publish is exactly what Fusion sends to the web server via FTP when you remote publish.

You can also try doing a publish of the entire site (a full publish) to the web server, rather than changed assets only.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

After all the stress, the answer was so simple. I did the full publish and everything worked fine...

Thanks Chuck!

You might want to give this gotFusion tutorial a read: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4029
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Yes I have had the same issue, Did they say or give an indication when this issue will be resolved?