Thread: Publish Problem

Default Publish Problem

When customer tries to publish his site from npower10 it connects to the version manager fine but fails on publish saying it cannot connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.217 .. The site is on xxx.xxx.xxx.215 My copy of netobjects10 connects to the version manager fine and publishes fine. I export connection credintials and use npower to open and get the same error when trying to publish even tho it connects to the version manager on the correct server just fine. I need to change the connection settings to the .215 address. Cant figure out how... Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by allidaho View Post
    When customer tries to publish his site from npower10 it connects to the version manager fine but fails on publish saying it cannot connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.217 .. The site is on xxx.xxx.xxx.215 My copy of netobjects10 connects to the version manager fine and publishes fine. I export connection credintials and use npower to open and get the same error when trying to publish even tho it connects to the version manager on the correct server just fine. I need to change the connection settings to the .215 address. Cant figure out how... Please help!
    Hi allidaho,

It sounds as if the rollback xml has become corrupted. This can happen if a publish doesn't complete, there is a system crash, etc. What you can do is create a new Repository path in the Site options dialog (Tools menu > Options > Site Options > Versioning tab).

1. In the Versioning tab remove the Repository Path. Click OK. Fusion will tell you that you can't have an empty path and that the Versioning Manager will be set to none. Click OK.
    2. Go back to the Versioning tab.
    3. Select your FTP Profile.
    4. Create a NEW Repository Path name.
    5. Click OK.
    6. Publish the site, making sure to check the option to Check the current document into the Versioning system.
    7. Allow Fusion to complete the Publish and to upload the Version.
    8. Export Connection Credentials (File menu > Versions Manager > Export Connection Credentials).
    9. Send the new Credentials to your customer.

Note, unless your customers server is hungry for space, you can leave the old repository there (or better yet, download it locally for your own backups). The zip files are basically templates in chronological older so if there was ever a need to go back to an older version from prior to the new connections being made, they would be available.

Let me know if this helps.
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Default Thank You

Woked like a charm -- Thank You so much...