Thread: NetObjects Fusion 12 Not Responding when publishing

Question NetObjects Fusion 12 Not Responding when publishing

A friend of mine is using NetObjects Fusion 12 on Win 7 x64, 3 gigs ram, Intel 2 Duo. When he tries to publish his site named 7-26-11, the program locks up and must close, doesn't matter if he does entire page or current page (tried both IE 9.0 and FF 3.16.x). I have changed setting to make Fusion 12 run as admin and disabled theme and composition, even added it through firewall. Still seems to cause the program to stop responding.

If you start a new blank site it publishes but still takes some time to do so. So I thought maybe the file was bad, had him re-optimize the file and when it started creating assets the program stop responding and needed to close. When I went back in the file that was currently 53 pages is now just 1 and he was quite upset. I'm not sure why the program keeps locking up and I don't want to have him restart the site from scratch.

When we try to open the file now it says something about it needed to be recovered and does the process, then tells us there is an error with the AutoSave folder not existing, then the file has successfully been recovered. Should he reinstall the program or is it just the site file being corrupted and if so is there a reason and way to fix the file?

Default Solution to the 1 Page delema

I cannot really help allot in the NOT RESPONDING area since my fusion 11 does the same, however when a 53 page fusion file turns into 1 pahe you have to react quickly.

Go to the fusion directory and find the "XXXX.nod" file - There will be TWO one will be tiny and another larger, COPY the larger to a safe area and replace the smaller with teh larger one, this .nod file is the last good backup of the site - like a table of contents.

When You restart fusion you MIGHT see under the new site that was just damaged only 1 page!, ignor it and open it, your pages should be back.

Fusions recovery section has been crippled for almost 5 years BUT you can go to a direwctory typically called recovery and SOMETIMES find a .nod file there to help and fusions BACKUP directory has been crippled even longer, I rarly ever recover from any of the fusion automated menu items since they all fail, maybe 12 is better but definately before doing ANYTHING go to the /netobject/netobjects xx/users/yoursitename/yoursitename.nod file and back it up, then if you fool around to see if any of teh other options work you still have the original.

Good Luck
    Hope that was helpful without too much sarcasm
    Duf

Quote Originally Posted by FFKefka77 View Post
    A friend of mine is using NetObjects Fusion 12 on Win 7 x64, 3 gigs ram, Intel 2 Duo. When he tries to publish his site named 7-26-11, the program locks up and must close, doesn't matter if he does entire page or current page (tried both IE 9.0 and FF 3.16.x). I have changed setting to make Fusion 12 run as admin and disabled theme and composition, even added it through firewall. Still seems to cause the program to stop responding.

If you start a new blank site it publishes but still takes some time to do so. So I thought maybe the file was bad, had him re-optimize the file and when it started creating assets the program stop responding and needed to close. When I went back in the file that was currently 53 pages is now just 1 and he was quite upset. I'm not sure why the program keeps locking up and I don't want to have him restart the site from scratch.

When we try to open the file now it says something about it needed to be recovered and does the process, then tells us there is an error with the AutoSave folder not existing, then the file has successfully been recovered. Should he reinstall the program or is it just the site file being corrupted and if so is there a reason and way to fix the file?

I suggest that you clear your browser cache by deleting your temporary internet and windows files. I do it at least once every day.

Ken Friedman
    ------------------------------------
    Ken Friedman
    Author of books about WW-II.