Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How is the Fusion XII Update working for you?

Default How is the Fusion XII Update working for you?

Now that a patch has been released, how is it working for the people that found the initial release too buggy to work with?

I was waiting for the patch before trying XII myself - version 11 was making my life a whole lot easier (with the Goldmine collection from Coolmaps).

Speaking of Coolmaps - is there any focus on re-building these components for version XII? I have been using them forever on most sites built and it sure would be nice to have an actual installer instead of a modified version from an old Fusion 9 directory.

Sorry - 2 different topics for this post...

12 has worked for me just fine. The update fixed some issues that I did not have problems with but others did.

Coolmaps has been out of the Fusion market for a very long time (like almost 8 years). As far as I know, they have no intention of updating the coolmaps components
    Last edited by gotFusion; 08-10-2011 at 11:09 PM.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I knew about the coolmaps product reaching EOL - after several e-mails with Peter Sklar (also with coolmaps) - but I was wondering if someone reading this discussion would be interested in contacting them about "dusting off" those components - they were so useful... !!! maybe??? And I'm sure the code could be tweaked or "best practice" after several years ( 8 ) of being created ???

I really like NetObjects Fusion - glad it is around and that I have been with it for so many versions ( since version 2 ) - it has only gotten better, faster and more robust - IMHO!
    Last edited by kspoor; 08-10-2011 at 09:28 PM.

Smile Odd Problem Fixed

When I purchased NOF12 it installed and ran fine on my primary computer, however, when I installed it on a secondary computer it refused to run. I installed and uninstalled a number of times, but no help. I posted the problem on these forums and contacted NOF regarding the problem. I tried everything suggested but to no avail. So, when the update became available I downloaded it but waited before installing on my primary work computer until a little feedback comes in on it's reliability. So far, so good.

Then I got to thinking, what can I lose by trying to install the update on the secondary computer. Lo and Behold, after installation NOF now runs on that computer also. Interesting....
    Older than the hills, and can't find reverse...

Quote Originally Posted by kspoor View Post
    I was waiting for the patch before trying XII myself - version 11 was making my life a whole lot easier (with the Goldmine collection from Coolmaps).

Speaking of Coolmaps - sure would be nice to have an actual installer instead of a modified version from an old Fusion 9 directory.
    Now that the patch is out, your probably at the right time to start using it.

For those who have started sites already, I read one of the moderator's suggestions to make a template of your site then import back again it into the updated version. Perhaps a good idea to do before installing update. The update acts like a new version of NOF (a pseudo v13?). Once you do the v12 update so there's no way to open a site as an 'old version' if it didn't convert satisfactory.

In the release notes, "•Fixed various Wizard designs". I didn't follow the advice and a wizard design I got to work centered is now fighting back to it's default (left align) and I have re-adjust all over again. My masterborders were all gone too.

Re: coolmaps installer? Forget about it, I can't remember ever using an installer (maybe I did way back?). Just go to your components folder of V11 and copy the coolmaps folder over to the components folder of V12 - voila! Installed. You will see it in your menu: View > Components > Component Tools > coolmaps
    Last edited by Beach Ape; 08-12-2011 at 05:45 AM.

Issues that where introduced with the update (and were not present in the previous release):
    1. The font styles for list items, normal (p) and text objects don't inherit the site style, even if they are set to Automatic.
    2. Pages with '' Center in browser' checked do not center when loaded in IE9; they are shown correctly in Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    12 has worked for me just fine. The update fixed some issues that I did not have problems with but others did.

Coolmaps has been out of the Fusion market for a very long time (like almost 8 years). As far as I know, they have no intention of updating the coolmaps components
    This has been my experience as well.
    ------------------------------------
    Ken Friedman
    Author of books about WW-II.

Allison Moore

Default Re: How is the Fusion XII Update working for you?

On 8/12/2011 9:19 AM, wandelpas wrote:
    > Issues that where introduced with the update (and were not present in
    > the previous release):
    > 1. The font styles for list items, normal (p) and text objects don't
    > inherit the site style, even if they are set to Automatic.
    > 2. Pages with '' Center in browser' checked do not center when loaded
    > in IE9; they are shown correctly in Firefox.

Add to that an inability to use alt tags with flash files. They now
    display as text below the flash. Ticket filed.

Allison

Steve Howe

Default Re: How is the Fusion XII Update working for you?

End caps for vertical submenus still don't appear to work for me (on-going
    ticket).

Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Howe View Post
    End caps for vertical submenus still don't appear to work for me (on-going
    ticket).

Steve.
    By the time they fix these unresolved issues, they will be wanting to charge you for an upgrade. Ditch the bitch and make the switch.