Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How is the Fusion XII Update working for you?

Default Text on Image . . . working

I am running Version 12.00.0000.5065

After experimenting I discovered that I could make the text appear, bit only if I did not scale the image. If I resized the image smaller after I inserted it in the page the text would still be present, but would suddenly be misaligned and not on the image, but offset. I did not see the text previously as the image is on a dark background.

If I stretched the image larger than the original, the text also became stretched and misaligned.

Note that this only became apparent in Preview. In Design view the text was always properly aligned.

So provided I use the image with no change in size (larger or smaller), the text on the image shows exactly what is in design view. If the image size changes, the text is also stretched and moved (only in preview).

Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyc View Post
    Hi

I had numerous stability problems with version XII (Running on Windows 7 with 1.5GB DRAM), but persisted as I did not want to rebuild using another application environment.

My site was created in Fusion XI then using Template Export was moved to Version XII.

I recently updated to the latest release, now I have lost text over pictures that was previously there and I cannot repair. I cannot now add text over pictures. I add the picture, I bring up the properties box and enter and format the text. It looks fine in the design screen.
    Attachment 987
    When I Preview the text is not present. If I publish, the text is not present.
    Attachment 988
    This did not occur with the original version of Fusion X11. This is annoying.

Any ideas?

Anthony
    I am having similar problem. My text appears, but it is not the size I want it, or positioned as it should be onthe picture. Which is a button like the one you show. It is fine in the builder, then I preview and it is tiny and misaligned. You figure anything out, let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyc View Post
    I am running Version 12.00.0000.5065

After experimenting I discovered that I could make the text appear, bit only if I did not scale the image. If I resized the image smaller after I inserted it in the page the text would still be present, but would suddenly be misaligned and not on the image, but offset. I did not see the text previously as the image is on a dark background.

If I stretched the image larger than the original, the text also became stretched and misaligned.

Note that this only became apparent in Preview. In Design view the text was always properly aligned.

So provided I use the image with no change in size (larger or smaller), the text on the image shows exactly what is in design view. If the image size changes, the text is also stretched and moved (only in preview).

Anthony
    Yes, that is what I was thinking too. Which mean I will now have to go and make buttons all EXACTLY the size I want them instead of just having one that I can adjust and make into the size. That is really obnoxious to me. Especially when it was working fine pre-update.

Quote Originally Posted by HerrS View Post
    When I purchased NOF12 it installed and ran fine on my primary computer, however, when I installed it on a secondary computer it refused to run. I installed and uninstalled a number of times, but no help. I posted the problem on these forums and contacted NOF regarding the problem. I tried everything suggested but to no avail. So, when the update became available I downloaded it but waited before installing on my primary work computer until a little feedback comes in on it's reliability. So far, so good.

Then I got to thinking, what can I lose by trying to install the update on the secondary computer. Lo and Behold, after installation NOF now runs on that computer also. Interesting....
    This quote got me thinking yesterday and today reading this forum and another forum that is related to something different. I'm wondering if a lot of the issues is hardware related? I purchased a high end computer and received it yesterday because my other computer would crash, crappy video card etc. Cheap hardware. Adobe Dreamweaver would act crazy on it. I was blaming it on them. But after installing it on my new computer, no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    By the time they fix these unresolved issues, they will be wanting to charge you for an upgrade. Ditch the bitch and make the switch.
    I'm going to use that quote. lol.

Default Center on Browser quirk, NOF12

Quote Originally Posted by Allison Moore View Post
    >> Issues that where introduced with the update (and were not present in[color=blue]
    >> the previous release):
    >> 1. The font styles for list items, normal (p) and text objects don't
    >> inherit the site style, even if they are set to Automatic.
    >> 2. Pages with '' Center in browser' checked do not center when loaded
    >> in IE9; they are shown correctly in Firefox.

>

Allison
    I have a similar problem with "center on browser". When using a "tabs on top" navigation template and I center all pages on browser, the tabs won't stay exactly in the same spot between pages. They jerk left and right when surfing from one page to another, about 5 to 15 pixels. All of my page margins are identical, all pages "should" center on browser EXACTLY with each other, like it does in NOF10. Unless someone can clue me in on this I may need to abandon NOF12 for now. And yes, I'm using the latest version.....5065. This happens with IE, Foxfire, Chrome, and Safari which is all I have to test with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Spurlock View Post
    I have a similar problem with "center on browser". When using a "tabs on top" navigation template and I center all pages on browser, the tabs won't stay exactly in the same spot between pages. They jerk left and right when surfing from one page to another, about 5 to 15 pixels.
    Do you get a scroll bar on one page and not the other. This will cause pages to "appear" to move left and right when switching between them.

If this is your problem this old forum topic is your answer:

http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...ll=1#post58515
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I don't think the vertical scroll bar is the problem, all pages are longer than the fold. You can take a look and see how the tabs at the top jerk left and right a little bit as you navigate from one page to another. Of course you'll need a screen that's wider than the browser to see this jerking left and right issue. It's strange how it can happen since the source code appears to be identical (course I'm not that sharp on reading source) between the pages for margins, etc. www.tomspurlock.com (my development domain). Then you can see how stable the tabs are on the same pages are when left justified at www.healthcarebuildinginvestment.com I appreciate your input on ideas to fix this.
    Last edited by Tom Spurlock; 09-25-2011 at 11:32 PM.