Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Has anybody used the new data sources tool?

Quote Originally Posted by orcic_ron View Post
    Hi

Still nothing, not even "we're working on it" from the support team.

Ronnie
    Hi Ronnie,

My name is Adam and I will be involved in this thread and your open ticket with support from here.

After some testing I have found an abnormality when a component based database connector is created in NetObjects Fusion 10 and exported to either NetObjects Fusion 11 or XII via template. This does not happen when the connector is created in NetObjects Fusion 11 and imported into NetObjects Fusion XII. Will speak to development about this.

I am working on the reload problem and will keep you posted on my progress.
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Hello Adam

Well, that's really good news.

Are you a member of NOF?

Just for info, all the comments made are based on having purchased an upgrade of NOF 12 from NOF 10. NOF 10 was a full blown freebie from PC Pro.

I have been a user since NOF 8 and I have a full blown copy of that in the cupboard somewhere (not that you need to know that)

Look forward to being the test subject / helping if you need it.

thanks

Ronnie

Are you a member of NOF?

Of course you are. Your logo and role is it at the bottom of the screen.

Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Hi Adam

So, any news? Are we nearly there? Have you discovered a missing comma in the script or is it more serious than that?

It would be great to get an update.

Ronnie

Default A NOF Update (No 2) - can it be.....

Hi Adam

So, what a difference a couple of weeks makes.

I've just been having a read of some of the comments. I haven't seen anything about the data sources reload button.

Is it part of the update? Did your developers fix it? Can I now get on and build the site I wanted to build?

Or am I going to be disappointed after installing the update?

Could you let me know as I don't want to waste any more of my time becoming the test bunny for the upgrade.

Many thanks

Ronnie

Default NOF 12 Update

Hi Adam

It's been a while since I used NOF and now notice that upgrade 3 is available.

Does this fix the problem with the data sources tool?

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Hi Ronnie,

My name is Adam and I will be involved in this thread and your open ticket with support from here.

After some testing I have found an abnormality when a component based database connector is created in NetObjects Fusion 10 and exported to either NetObjects Fusion 11 or XII via template. This does not happen when the connector is created in NetObjects Fusion 11 and imported into NetObjects Fusion XII. Will speak to development about this.

Hi

Has Adam been sacked? Does he no longer work for NOF? Did he find a tall building and jump due to the pressure from us users?

It would be nice to know. I just want a straight answer before I become a test subject for update #3.

Ronnie

Default It's been quite a while since I asked about this

Hi

This thread was about using the data soutces tool and the data sources palette. In short, I could get the URL choice to work, but not the FORM choice.

Did anybody in the forum have a go with this part of NOF? I'd be interested in anybody who got it to work but those who tried and failed should comment too. I just need to know if it's part of NOF 12 that doesn't work or if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks

Ronnie