Thread: Has anybody used the new data sources tool?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi

Attached is a graphic of what I'm trying to achieve. In the example, there are two user input fields, one is a form edit field and the other is a combo box (both from the form toolbar). By placing a word in the form edit field ("Union" in the example) and selecting one of the choices from the combo box ("Glasgow Area" in the example), the list below would Reload and would only show those records with "Union" in the address field and "Glasgow Area" in the location field.

The Reload action is a filter based on user choices that reduces the size of a list of data. And, the user stays on the same page, not transfered to another page.

I tried the reload without the AJAX but the data list appeared on screen as one line - the records were on top of each other, not one record below each other.

It also states in the NOF documentation that PHP and AJAX must be switched on for the component to work.

Anyway, thanks for giving it a go. I appreciate your effort on this. If one thing is clear to me now, it is that I am not the only person who is having difficulty with this component. As a wizard based component, it should not be so difficult that both of us have difficulty in getting it to work.

Ronnie
    Attached Files Attached Files