Thread: Publishing problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy Publishing problem

I have just upgraded to Netobjects 12 and created some new sites. I have had no problems untill today. As of today all the sites I have created wont publish to the Internet. They worked perfectly untill today but now they look as if they are publishing but come up with :-

Error sending the file C:\Users\Warren\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\User Sites\Test122\Styles\Broadcast - Blue\Images\Background.gif to the server

Error sending the file C:\Users\Warren\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\User Sites\Test122\Styles\Broadcast - Blue\Images\AccordionTabOpen.png to the server

Error sending the file C:\Users\Warren\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\User Sites\Test122\Styles\Broadcast - Blue\Images\AccordionTabClosed.png to the server

Error sending the file C:\Users\Warren\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\User Sites\Test122\Styles\Broadcast - Blue\Images\tab_top.png to the server

Error sending the file C:\Users\Warren\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\User Sites\Test122\Styles\Broadcast - Blue\Images\TogglePaneOpen.png to the server

Then when I click on CLOSE it says File Transfer complete, but whrn I use Filezilla to look at the site I can see that nothing has been transfered. When I use Local Publish it works fine.

I saw on another thread that someone else with this problem was told to then publish locally and use Filezilla to FTP the site. While that works, it defeats the object of making a small change and only haveing to FTP the changes that you can do in Netobjects if it works.

I have tried changing the Pasive tick box but it has noeffect and the Test Connection button shows Connection to Host Successfull.

The only thing I have done in the last 24 Hours that I can think might be the cause is that I changed the Compatabilities Properties to Run as Administrator, but I have changed it back and it has no effect. I am running Windows 7 Proffesional.

Please Help!!!!!!

Try changing your remote publish profile's advanced settings.

Change the Passive mode FTP setting. If it's checked on, turn it off. If it's off, turn it on.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Changing the Passive mode FTP wsa one of the first things I tried. I get the same thing with it ticked and with it cleared.

I think I may have found out what the problem is. I upgraded to version 1.7 of java and changed the Java Runtime Environment setting of the Application Options to reflect 1.7. That seems to have been the cause of the problem. Changing it back to using the cersion inclouded with NOF fixed it. I have now unintalled 1.7 and set the Java Runtime Environment setting to 1.6 and everthing works.

Default Publishing

I have the same exact publishing errors that the other person was having and can not get my site to publish. I have several sites and have being used from NetObject Fusion 7 to today's 11. Nothing else has changed in my site or my hosting/dns. Any suggestions - I have doubled checked my hosting site - no problem with space, hosting is setup correctly. Turned off my security firewalls and still can not get it to publish.

I just posted a support question for the same reason. I support six different websites and this is the only one that acts like it is publishing, goes through the process and NEVER changes the page I am publishing. See my latest post this evening. Somethings not right. I was fine using XII until I updated with the latest patch offering. The rest of my sites publish just fine. Nothing fancy on this website...it's plain jane.

The publishing problem (e.g. FTP) in NOF when using JRE 7 is actually an issue with the Windows firewall under Windows Vista and 7. Gory details here.

Bottom line, to disable stateful FTP filtering, you can execute the following command as Administrator from a command console window:

netsh advfirewall set global StatefulFtp disable

Bottom line, to disable firewall filtering, you can execute the following command as Administrator from a command console window:

netsh advfirewall set global StatefulFtp disable
    Or, as I do, disable Windows Firewall and install a good 3rd party firewall program (and preferably have a modem/router with an inbuilt hardware firewall. Yet another example of Microsoft trying to do everything in what should simply be an operating system and doing it badly.

I am having problems Publishing also. I have been using NOF for approx 10 years, this is the first time ever having publishing problems & I am very worried.

I have 2 Netobjects websites. One of them is publishing fine, but the other will not publish at all. I am using NOF version 11, Windows 7.

I am so ill, because the one that won't publish is my big main site, MY MAIN BUSINESS company

Renene from Arizona, United States.
    Last edited by Renene; 08-08-2012 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Wanted to state what country I lived in.