Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Form action is getting replaced with FormHandler.php

Thank U for your quick answer.

Sure, I can uninstall the update, and use another way such as a 3trd party component, and so on, but it is really NOT a professionnal way of work !....

(I did'nt do that, because it is more complicated than to write directly htmp/php code, that the way I was obliged tu use)

I am a bit disappointed with the new version of NOF (I use it since NOF 5, and I really liked this software : it's becoming complicated, heavy, must have a powerful computer to use it, and the bugs are not fixed quickly)

I HAVE HUNDREDS OF FORM BUTTONS THAT ARE NOW NOT WORKING! THAT'S HOURS OF WORK NETOBJECTS! FIX THIS ASAP!!!

I can't even figure out how to get the stupid Post form anymore. I'VE ALREADY MADE TOO MANY CHANGES TO UNINSTALL THE UPDATE, ETC.

NETOBJECTS, IF YOU CAN'T FIND A QUICK SOLUTION TO THIS, I'M BILLING YOU MY HOURS CHARGED TO FIX THIS! ($125/hr).

I emailed Support already. Please respond ASAP!

For me it is the same, I was obliged to spend approximately 1 entire day to understand the problem and to fix it in one website. For the others, I will wait for the bug fix.......

Well, I am demanding a refund of the upgrade. My time spent was more than that. I obviously can't charge my client for this and it makes me look bad.

YOU ALL should demand a refund if you've spent a lot of time on this or can't use the software. Ridiculous! They need to get serious with their QA. I've never experienced such horrible QA, buggy product before.

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    I believe that the update that caused the form action was released in August or September (1-2 months ago).
    8th of March 2011: http://netobjects.com/html/12_5065.html

However you look at it, over 7 months to fix a very serious issue with your main piece of software is not a brilliant way to operate. Yes, it can be bodged by editing the HTML properly, but only once you identify the problem - I hate to think how many orders I missed out on because the online order system on my website wasn't getting orders from the forms on my site. This issue has certainly made me think strongly about moving to a more professional software package.

Is anyone from NOF actually reading this thread? I have only just discovered this forum after suffering the same problem! When will it be fixed?

I feel really bad for you guys (and gals). I have NOF MX and NOF 7. We were having a meeting 2 days ago and the subject was to look at the new NOF 12. We are setting up a rather large project with k through 12 studies as well as independent studies and a store front to support the project. The scope of the project requires a ton of form usage and this thread is sort of the WARNING to stay away. Our choices were FLASH, NOF or Xara Webdesigner. We own all of them but were talking about going to NOF12 because we figured our NOF MX and NOF 7 were out dated to far for the current PHP and MySQL we would be using for our project.

We know Xara Webdesigner has nothing like NOF as far as database form capabilities (in fact is has none at all). it would be using HTML and tagging it to pages to get form tools in and such but it has PLACEHOLDER capabilities and so we can make our forms from scratch and embed them on the pages we want. At least we have a team of three programmers with support floaters to help them (myself included) but I am not sure the team will want to try NOF12 now when I bring this up in the next meeting. They were close to getting FLASH linked to MySQL when I called the meeting to discuss alternatives to FLASH being replced by NOF 12 or Xara Webdesinger. I am not even sure if we could upgrade from NOF MX to 12 and $200 is way to much to spend for a product to have something like this happen.
    Last edited by PRESS N ON; 11-03-2011 at 02:18 AM.

You are not alone - I have the same problem and I think it is a common bug for all of us. I have asked support 3 times to correct this bug, but all I get back is an instruction on how to export a template (which I have done hundreds of times since version 2,0)

If you go back to the start of this thread you will see that I was one the first to suffer the problem after the “UPDATE”. Unfortunately as can be seen on the replies I received I was told it must be something to do with my Machine or the way I installed the Product, as at that stage only 2 or 3 of us had experienced it. Now that there are so many with the problem it is obvious that it was a major glitch with the update. Trying to raise a Ticket was met with nothing!!!!!! A private email to a contact at NOF met with a reply to the effect that it MAY be looked at with the NEXT update!!! That was back in August and still no word from NOF.
    In terms of a workaround for my sites that only have one form it’s not to much of a problem. I create my own script in PHP and call it FormHandler.php, Once I have published the site I use Filezilla to copy my Script and overwrite the NOF12 generated script on the Domain.
    Sites that have more than one Form I create as many scripts as I need and once the site is publish I again use Filezilla to upload my scripts to the Domain. The messy part is that I now have to use Filezilla to download the various Page HTML files to my machine where I use Notepad to edit the FormHandler.php post in the HTML code to the relevant script name, let’s say FormHandler2.php, save it and then using filezilla again overwrite the HTML file on the Domain with my edited file.
    Its messy and I have to remember whenever I update a page on a site that I need to reload the FormHndler script/s and if required edit the HTML.
    So PLEASE NOF fixed your mistake SOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by warrenr View Post
    If you go back to the start of this thread you will see that I was one the first to suffer the problem after the “UPDATE”.
    So PLEASE NOF fixed your mistake SOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...9997#post59997
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz