Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Form action is getting replaced with FormHandler.php

Quote Originally Posted by warrenr View Post
    Yes its set to Java 1.6. I did try using Jave 1.7 but that srewed up my remote publshing so I have gone back to 1.6.

I oroginally tried entering the link myself and now I browse and add the link. Same problem both ways.

last four numbers of version are 5065
    same here, no form works with update1

I am now back to the original version 12 and all forms on all imported and new sites work

I am using layout is a form and publish method is 4.01 with tables

I can enter the action path, then as soon as I publish, the action path in the resulting html is replaced with FormHandler.php, even the property palette reverts to FormHandler.php and the path I typed is gone

using Win7 64bit ultimate with all updates

I also tried it on my XP and it does the same, so it is not an OS issue
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 08-27-2011 at 08:53 AM.

I have been playing around, and all I have is the Form Layout with no fields at all. I change the action to my sendmail.php change to site view and then back to page view and it has changed to FormHandler.php again, so its not the act of publishing that causes it!!!!!!!!

same here, you are not alone

Default Same problem with NOF 12 update - Win7 pro 64bit

Gotfusion are you using a 64 bit machine some strange things seem to happen on them with some software.

I have to move 43 site sto another server I really need to get this fixed

My form was made in a table within a text box changes everything I put in it and then cannot find the xml file in my profile so nothing works when it gets to the server. Major problem guys.

I also ran nof as administrator to see if it was a premission problem or something. No go

Raymond Mills
    Last edited by tradesho1; 08-29-2011 at 12:24 AM.

I can't duplicate it on my system with a new site, an imported site, in a table, in a text box, in a layout region or using the entire page as a form.

As a work around you can

1. uncheck the box making your table the form.
    2. click on the HTML button on the table properties palette
    3. wrap the table code with an opening and closing form tag

<form action="./scripts/myScript.cfm" method="post">

Fusion table code in gray

</form>
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Apparently you will have to add by hand all the hidden tags used by the form, like recipient, subject,redirect,required etc. But it does work.

Even after I deleted the php form I set up trying to use the formhandler script I get this message:

the file C:\Users\Raymond\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\NetObjects System\Profiles\Raymond\FormsHandler\FormsHandler. xml could not be opened. Please check that the file exists as named.

So why woud I still get this even though I no longer have a page using it?

Raymond

Check your post publish component list (in publish view) to make sure that the formhandler component is unchecked
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

Hi
    But that work around dosnt fix Antonsvideo and my problem If I try wraping my form code as you suggest and publish nothing happens when I submit!

Quote Originally Posted by warrenr View Post
    Hi
    But that work around dosnt fix Antonsvideo and my problem If I try wraping my form code as you suggest and publish nothing happens when I submit!
    I cannot reproduce your problem on my computer so I can give you no help other than a work around.

Until someone at NetO can determine what your issue is so that an actual "fix" for your problem can be suggested.

The work around resolves your problem but it does not fix the issue you are having on your computer.

Post a URL of your form so I can see what your code looks like. You may have a problem that is unrelated to the form tools component.

It would be interesting (and perhaps informative) for one of the folks having this troulbe to create a one-page site with a form, confirm that the problem still occurs, and create a template that others could download and try on their XII system to see what happens.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in