Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Form action is getting replaced with FormHandler.php

Hi,
    We are having the exact same problem as described.
    Will go back to original V12 as suggested above and test again.

Just reinstalled original V12 version
    Finished testing form action to insert to Database.

NOW works ok

I have the same problem and also have the updated version of 12 ...5065 last four numbers. If I save my existing site as a template (using the updated version), can I then uninstall the updated version, reinstall the original version and then open the template? Will the original version 12 program open a template created with the updated version?

There must be a way around this problem without having to go back. Help please.

there is no way back, I tried it and it says this template was created in a newer version

I basically had to start from scratch

I suppose if this is not an option, you could manually enter the various form tags and hidden fields, but this can get messy

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    there is no way back, I tried it and it says this template was created in a newer version

I basically had to start from scratch

I suppose if this is not an option, you could manually enter the various form tags and hidden fields, but this can get messy
    So many changes were made in the 12 update to the underlying code base that it is a totally different version than the retail release of 12. There is no backward compatibility in Fusion and they may have just as well called the update Fusion 13 rather than 12 update.

Anyone wishing to go back to retail 12 release from the update will need to start their project again in 12 retail using the last template they exported in the retail 12 product.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

This dialogue about not being able to reproduce the problem is angering. I have experienced the same REPRODUCIBLE problem with FormsMail.pl
    That just comes to show the inexistent testing of 12.0 capabilities when 12.1 is released.
    I simply used to set the action to the executable file on my site and it worked. Now I cannot set it.

Angry FormMail.pl action gets replaced by FormHandler.php

Quote Originally Posted by levendel View Post
    This dialogue about not being able to reproduce the problem is angering. I have experienced the same REPRODUCIBLE problem with FormsMail.pl
    That just comes to show the inexistent testing of 12.0 capabilities when 12.1 is released.
    I simply used to set the action to the executable file on my site and it worked. Now I cannot set it.
    After venting my frustration , I took action: 1- I backed out the update of 12.0 and went back to the base version; 2- I downloaded the last version of my website on 12.0 I had kept on my server; 3- I manually updated the website with the changes I had made with the 12.0 update. Bottom line: I am back in the game after wasting some time.
    Of course, no reaction to my trouble ticket with support.
    I am not going to move forward to the update unless a fix or a workaround comes. My question: does anyone has a better solution than the one I chose?

Default Form action problems

You can add me to the list of those with the problem. Same thing caused by the update. It sounds like major pain to correct the problem on our end so it would be really great if someone at NetObjects could take the time to duplicate and fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JHolloway View Post
    You can add me to the list of those with the problem. Same thing caused by the update. It sounds like major pain to correct the problem on our end so it would be really great if someone at NetObjects could take the time to duplicate and fix the problem.
    It is a simple work around to enter in a <form> tag around your table or layout region containing the input fields by using the html insert button on the properties palette. I have done if for the past decade to use the <cfform> tag to process all of my form input.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manualFormTags..jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	1003  
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

should I report this case to tech support or are they already aware?