Thread: HTML view inconsistant

Default HTML view inconsistant

I am a previous user of NetFusion 8, and just installed version 12.

I am trying to make some minor changes in the HTML Code view, but I can't figure it out. Sometimes I get the full HTML code for a page, and other times I see only 45 liens or so. It seems completely random.

Any advice?

HTML code view should not be used for editing.

It's not an accurate view of the final HTML, only the pseudo code in Fusion before actual code generation.

All changes should be made in Page Design View.

What exactly are you trying to do?
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

In moving from Netfusion 8 to version 12, I wanted to take advantage of the ability for version 12 to add the Google Analytics code automatically to pages. Problem was that I had already added to existing pages created with the previous verseion I was using. I therefore needed to remove the original code so that it would not be present twice on each page. When using the HTML view to edit out the original Google coding, sometimes I would get the full HTML code, but often I would only get a small portion of it. I found that by exiting and reloading the nod file, the HTML view would show anywhere from 1 to 5 or more pages correctly before the problem happend again.

Is there something I am doing wrong, or is this a bug in the software?

If you used HTML "View" to insert code and it is now locked within the protected area, your only choice to correct your mistake is to delete the page and make a new page. HTML "View" is not intended for inserting HTML code. HTML code insertion is done within the GUI as explained in this gotFusion tutorial: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4068

NetObjects Fusion is a database program that writes HTML code. The code you see in HTML "view" does not exist until after the software generates the page via the publish function.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

"NetObjects Fusion is a database program that writes HTML code. The code you see in HTML "view" does not exist until after the software generates the page via the publish function. "

This is what I thought, but where it gets confusing to me, is that when I use the <> Code button on the pottom of the "Page" view, sometimes I get the full HTML code for a page (and if I click on another page using site navigation I might get the full code for those as well), but then for other pages I just get just the 45 lines or so. When I go back to pages that were showing completely, sometimes I will get them and sometimes not. When I close and re-open NetObjects, usually I can see the full html in thie "<>Code" view for at least one or more new pages. Just a thought, could have anything to do with whether or not some or all of the pages were published locally? I am just testing things now, and this morning I have been able to see the full HTML for every page tried (about 10 so far...)

Quote Originally Posted by pbergman View Post
    where it gets confusing to me, is that when I use the <> Code button on the pottom of the "Page" view, sometimes I get the full HTML code for a page (and if I click on another page using site navigation I might get the full code for those as well), but then for other pages I just get just the 45 lines or so.
    Sounds to me like you have a corrupted web project file.

I would suggest the NOF shuffle (go through all the steps)

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=16

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=17
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks! I have followed the steps, and things seem to be working as expected now. Much appreciated.