Thread: Formhandler.php documentation

Default Formhandler.php documentation

where can I download documentation explaining how to configure the Nof Formhandler.php options

example: when the form arrives, I need the senders email in the from field of outlook, otherwise I can't reply easily, there is no point in adding my email address in the basic form handler property palette, because I be replying to myself

this is so easy when using the dbmasters formmailer, but I can't use that if I want to use update1 since this breaks any action to any outside script

Adrian

Default Re: Formhandler.php documentation

HI Anton

If it's the same as it was in V11, short answer is - you can't!

Actually you can - but you need to edit the NOF-supplied php script
    to make this happen.... (not a big deal if you know your php...)

Adrian

You will be disappointed with the formshandler component after using a script that allows flexibility

Have you tried manually inserting your form tags as a work around?

Wrapping your table tag (or layout region) with the form tag and not using the form tool instead of setting the table to a form using the check box.

I've done this for years to insert cfform tags around all of my forms.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manualFormTags..jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	996
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Hi Mike

I am actually not using the Nof Form Handler component, because it totally fails on my server, I get error saying method get is not allowed, but the Form Handler component has no provision to change the method from get to post

I simply choose layout is a form

then I click the form label next to layout label and select the formhadler.php in action field of the form property palette

then I add input fields and submit button as usual

the form works fine but it does not add the submitters email to the from field in the resulting email, this is a must and should be fixed as such

in any case, I will continue using the original version 12 and use my dbmasters formmailer which is very flexible, hopefully an update2 will take care of the main problem from my other post

I always had to use third party form processing scripts since Nof2, one would have hoped that Nof12 has this sorted out by now so many years later