Thread: Creating a Form in NOF2 need help

Default Creating a Form in NOF2 need help

I created a fairly complex form years ago on NOF7.5 I have forgotten how I did it. I used a formmail script.
    The NOF12 form setup is totally different.
    1. Do I set the page up as a Form ? or do I select an area ?

I have so far created a table setup 4 cols wide headed lets say A B C D and I have 10 Rows
    rows 1A to 10A which are tick box,s

On row 1A the columns B, C , D are fixed data and no client input is required that is the same or all 10 rows to 10

What I want is if the customer selects say "tick box 7A" I want the order form to return the data on that row.which will be what the customer ordered in those sizes displayed in coll B-C D

Also for some reason when I try to preview my work a "file download" box appears and asks me if I want to save or open order_form.php if I select open all I get is a html code page much kike notebook. HOW CAN I GET IT TO RETURN TO THE OLD NORMAL PREVIEW DISPLAY...............HELP
    Last edited by TonyM; 05-11-2014 at 08:49 PM. Reason: In header I put NOF2 should be NO12

You can only test a php page on a server running php.

The easiest way to test would be to create a test area on your hosted domain, upload to that area and test. Once you have things working you can remove the test area and upload to your live content.

This gotFusion tutorial will explain how to make a test remote profile in Fusion:

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4071
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Mike
    The info link you sent will come in handy, I had no idea how to do that.
    What I was after was when I select PREVIEW I would like the preview to simulate
    a web page display as it does on my other page buttons on the menu bar.

The only difference between the pages is this one the order form the page selection is "page is a form"
    I hope that makes sense.
    PS.
    You did not respond to my first 4 paragraphs on my post.

but I keep getting this, see below.
    Also for some reason when I try to preview my work a "file download" box appears and asks me if I want to save or open order_form.php if I select open all I get is a html code page much kike notebook. HOW CAN I GET IT TO RETURN TO THE OLD NORMAL PREVIEW DISPLAY

In order to view a php page on your home computer you need to install apache (or some other web server software) and php and then run the page within the web server. In other words you need to make your home computer into a web server to call the php parse engine so that it can render the php code.

Here is a simple (43 step) explanation of how to do this should you decide you want to go that route

http://www.wikihow.com/Install-the-P...our-Windows-PC

This why I suggested you upload the page to test.

As far as what you want to do with your form, do you have an online example you can post a URL for?
    Last edited by gotFusion; 05-12-2014 at 10:03 PM.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I am confused I dont seem to be explaining my problem clearly.
    1 .I dont understand why the orderform is asking for php.
    2. the earler versions of NOF never had that problem.
    3. I could select preview and the page woud simply preview, none of this PHP stuff.
    4. In gotfusion help forum it recommends useing Mats script Form mail.
    5. I have a wamp server installed and it had php installed V5.4.12
    6. I am attaching 2 imaged the first being the start of a basic form layout. The second is the result
    when I select PREVIEW This html only occurs on the form not on the other pages.
    7. In earler NOF versions I could use the Form Mail script can I be used in NOF 12?
    8. As I mentioned in an earlier post I have the page selected as a form , does the full page selection initiate the php function ? whereas in my earlier NOF version forms I just draged out the form area.
    9. Am I locked in to this php because I,m useing NOF 12?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	orderform.preview.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	1761Click image for larger version. 

Name:	orderform1.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	1762
    a page area