Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rotating Ad Banner Problem

Default Rotating Ad Banner Problem

I have a website with a Rotating Ad Banner. The website was created with an earlier verison of NOF (9) and I converted it with NOF12. The Rotating Ad Banner continued to work properly after that until yesterday. I deleted it from the web page and created a new one using the NOF12 Rotating Ad Banner tool and all I get is a text link on the web page that says "Rotating Ad Banner". If I click on the link, it wants to download DynamicBanner.Class. When I allow it to download, I get an error message from the Java Virtual Machine Launcher saying the following:

"Could not find the main class: C:\Users\Gerald\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Te mporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\Z7D2pK4c\Dynamic Banner[1].class. Program will exit."

There is no Content.IE5 folder below Temporary Internt Files in the above path on my Windows7 PC, but I do I find copies of DynamicBanner.class in C:\Users\Gerald\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Te mporary Internet Files

I did a clean install of NOF12 on an XP box and have the exact same problem.

What is going on here and how do I go about getting my Rotating Ad Banner working? I need to get this resolved quickly.

The Ad Banner is here: www.miamidadejustice.org

Thanks!

Clean up your work files and folders and do a full publish
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    Clean up your work files and folders and do a full publish
    Can you be a bit more specific about what "clean up your work files and folders" entails, please?

site was off line for a while as I was moving it to another server (had to wait for DNS to propagate to post a link)

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4029
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I did the clean-up, following the instructions in the tutorial you posted a link for. It did not solve the problem.

Even if I create a brand new website with just one page and put a Rotating Ad Banner on that page, it does not work. It gives me the exact same problem outlined in my original post. I have tried this on both an XP and a Windows7 computer and have ruled out the platform or computer as the cause of the problem.

It is clear that the Dynamic.Banner.class file is being downloaded from the web server and that it is being saved in C:\Users\Gerald\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Te mporary Internet Files. I have watched it appear there when the page is opened.

WHY THEN, when I click on the Rotating Ad Banner link that appears on the web page, am I getting an error message that says:
    "Could not find the main class: C:\Users\Gerald\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Te mporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\Z7D2pK4C:\Dynamic Banner[1].class. Program will exit."

There is no such file path on my computer.

This has to be some problem with NOF12. Does anybody here have a Rotating Ad Banner running in NOF12?
    Last edited by grg; 09-14-2011 at 10:35 PM.

I have the same problem. I tried recreating the banner ad and still it produced the text on screen as described.

I deleted all the files as suggested recreated the site and uploaded everything fresh and still no luck.

The problem started when I upgraded from NOF-11 to NOF-12.
    The ad is on the first page of http://www.thurmontfirst.com

Thanks,
    jakinnaird

Thanks for the tip guys, I won't try using the rotating banner in my NOF12 now. You've saved me a lot of frustration knowing it doesn't work.

grg,
    Heres a couple of things to consider:
    How did you convert your site from version 9 to 12? Did you export as a template in 9, then recreate website from template in 12?
    Looking at your page code there is reference to Microsoft Word. If you ever pasted text from Word into your pages that will always cause you grief.
    To minimise the possibility of corrupt files on your server have you done a fresh upload onto your server as advised in Mikes tutorial? You should also verify all of your assets and re-optimize (if this is available in version 12) (it is in version 11).
    I hope this helps you to go forward with a solution.
    Bert542

I converted it through NOF12 which notified me that the site was created with an earlier version of NOF and ASKED if I would like for it to convert the site to NOF12. No warning was offered that there was some preferred way to do this.

It won't even work right with a fresh Local Publish. I'll consider taking the site down when I can see it working correctly locally. I hardly think having the words "click here to download an MS Word format Sponsorship Application" in text on the page could cause this problem. If it could, NOF12 is more screwed up than anyone could imagine.

Even if I create a brand new website of just one page and put a Rotating Ad Banner on it, IT DOES NOT WORK.

Is there anybody here who can tell me that they are able to create a working Rotating Ad Banner in NOF12? If you can't, don't bother offering advice.
    Last edited by grg; 09-18-2011 at 02:45 AM.

Hello grg

I can confirm that the text shows instead of the rotating banner, however, I have found the reason and a simple solution.

The problem is the jmedia.js file. The real puzzler is that the jmedia.js file versions seem exactly the same, however, with the NOF version 12 jmedia.js file the banner does not work. If you take the jmedia.js file from the local publish directory /assets of NOF 11 and replace the one in the Local publish folder /assets folder of NOF 12 the rotating banner works. With both versions, seemingly the same, I am not sure whether NOF made any changes to it (that made it incompatible), or there was some corruption during packing of the install file, however, the banner will work if you do that.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Gary
    Last edited by garydumbleton; 09-18-2011 at 11:35 AM.