Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rotating Ad Banner Problem

That is great news, Gary. Unfortunately, I upgraded from NOF9, not NOF11, so I do not have a copy of the NOF11 jmedia.js file available. Can we make arrangements for you to send me a copy of yours? Thanks!

Hello,

You can download it from here. Remember, once you publish, it will replace it with the one that does not work so you will have to replace it each time you publish or...
    You can do one of the following.
    1. Replace this file in the NOF 12 program so that it will copy this one to the local publish instead.
    2. Replace it each time in the Local Publish in the Assets folder
    3. With your ftp client set the permissions so that it will not overwrite the file when you upload it. (CHMOD)

The file that you need is in this zip file.

http://gwd.net/jmedia.zip

I would hope that NOF support would chime in here and let us know if the jmedia.js file was altered and what the alterations support, if in fact there were any. Like I said before, the versions of Jmedia.js were the same in 11 and 12.

Let me know how it goes.

Gary

The new jmedia.js file solved the problem. Thank you Gary!

Quote Originally Posted by garydumbleton View Post
    Hello,

I would hope that NOF support would chime in here and let us know if the jmedia.js file was altered and what the alterations support, if in fact there were any. Like I said before, the versions of Jmedia.js were the same in 11 and 12.
    Hi Gary, many thanks for posting the prior jmedia.js library. The lib was updated to the latest version (v0.96) in the latest Fusion XII builds. While the newer lib fixed some reported issues, it has broken others. We patched the lib with fixes for the Java Applets (ie Ad Banner) and Flash with ALT text where extra text is displayed below the Flash. These fixes will be in the next Fusion XII update.

Alternatively you can download/test the patched jmedia.js lib in advance from here:
    http://mike.netocorp.com/samples/jmedia.js

Best reguards,
    Mike
    NetObjects Technical Support
    forums.NetObjects.com

Thanks for the fix!

I have been in contact with NetObjects Tech support about this and all they keep telling me is to download the latest vesion of JRE. I have downloaded that a dozen times, installed it still no soluton.
    After the last response from tech support I asked to speak to a tech or to be porovided with a solution that works, evidently tech support is not aware of this issue or they are just refusing to answer my support question.

Crappy support, but no surpise. I have been using and faithfully upgrading this program for 6 years and have come to expect nothing better.

Who wants to bet that this issue isn't fixed unitl the next $100.00 program update?

jakinnaird

Did you select JRE 1.6 in the program as outlined here: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/t...temID=4037#jre
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    Did you select JRE 1.6 in the program as outlined here: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/t...temID=4037#jre
    Yes, I downloaded and installed the latest Java program. I installed the latest version, restarted the computer, deleted the old version of Java, started Net Objects, slected jre 1.6 from the options, closed and then restarted the program. Still no luck after doing this several times.

It was a little confusing since the tech people asked me to install jre 1.7, since that file does not appear on the download list. After emailing java they provided instructions to check that jre 1.7 was indeed installed.

Anyway when I uploaded the replacement jmedia.js file to the site it works fine. I tried uploading the page again and the rotating banner stopped working. So I reloaded the jmedia.js file and set the properties to stop it from being over written. I just hope I can remember that I did that so I can reverse the action when or if the fix is released.

The only issue I see now is that about 50% of the time a Java notice pops up saying the the banner ad may be harmful when the page loads.

Still no follow up response from tech support.

PS I just noticed that the rotating picture feature locks up the program. It worked in V11!

jakinnaird
    Last edited by jakinnaird; 09-27-2011 at 02:03 AM.

Tech SUpport finally responded to my recent request for assistance. This time they recommended reinstalling the program using the compatability feature in Windows 7. I tried the reinstall and still the Rotarting Banner Ad would not work. It is odd that the support people would ask to set the compatablility to Vista stating the the program (V11) ran fine then when the issue seems to lie with the new version. The issue did not arise until I installed V12.

I once again uploaded the jmedia.js file to the site and the ad runs fine.

It is disappointing the the tech support evidently does not follow these threads as the solution provided here seems to be a usable workaround

Below I have pasted my response to the last support recommendation along with the recommended solution.

jakinnaird

My response:

Well I tried the method you outlined and reinstalled using the settings for Vista compatablity and still the Roatating Banner will not work.

In the mean time I have been following a thread about this issue on the NetObjects Online Community.
    A user recommended uploading a different vesrion of the file jmedia.js to the site and the Rotating Banner Ad worked as it should. After following your recent directions and publishing the site I once again uploaded the jmedia.js file and the ad works fine.

By the way when Java runs the Rotating Banner Ad correctly, the following info is displayed:
    Java Plug-in 1.6.0_27
    Using JRE version 1.6.0_27-b07 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM User home directory = C:\Users\John

It looks as though jre 1.7 is not being used as you recommended in your first response.

It is disappointing that Tech Support evidently does not follow the threads on the web site to see what users are discussing regarding known issues.

This seems to be a valid work around that you should mention when responding to questions about why the Rotating Banner Ad has stopped working in the Version12 of NetObjects

Thanks,

John A. Kinnaird

-----Original Message-----
    From: NetObjects Technical Support [mailto:support@netobjects.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:28 AM
    To: john@kinnairdmemorials.com
    Subject: Re: [#JJN-94155-833] Contact me: I need help with Fusion XII

Hello,

Try this:

* Highlight install file - (example: NOF_11_Standard_EN.exe)

* Right click on file - click on Troubleshoot compatibility - Detecting Issues - Resolving Issues

* Click on Troubleshoot program - The program worked in earlier versions...
    Click on Next button - Highlight Windows Vista - Click on Next Button

* Click on Start the program - Click on Shield icon (install program loads in taskbar)

* Complete install program first, then - Click on Next - Save these settings - Close the troubleshooter

Then NOF should install and work in Windows 7 as expected.

Remember to NOT run the program at the end of the install.

Also if the install is successful, you will need to right-click the shortcut to the program and "Run As Administrator" the first time you use it.

Thank you for choosing NetObjects and being a valued member of our NetObjects community.

Janos
    NetObjects Technical Support

Why don't you replace the jmedia.js file in the 12 install with the one in the 11 install?

Before you replace the file, RENAME the original file rather than overwrite it.

You can find this file at:

c:\program files (86)\NetObjects\NetObjects Fusion (11 and/or 12)\ NetObjects System\ Resources\js\jquery\plugins\

Rename the file in version 12 to jmedia.ORG then copy (don't move) the one from the version 11 install into the version 12 install.

Fusion 12 "should" use the version 11 file once it is in the version 12 program folder.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    Why don't you replace the jmedia.js file in the 12 install with the one in the 11 install?

Before you replace the file, RENAME the original file rather than overwrite it.

You can find this file at:

c:\program files (86)\NetObjects\NetObjects Fusion (11 and/or 12)\ NetObjects System\ Resources\js\jquery\plugins\

Rename the file in version 12 to jmedia.ORG then copy (don't move) the one from the version 11 install into the version 12 install.

Fusion 12 "should" use the version 11 file once it is in the version 12 program folder.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into doing that and see if it works.

I received the following email from NetObjects this morning regarding ths issue and want to say that I appreciate the response and the comment regaring the workaround:

Hi jakinnaird,

My name is Adam and I have been working with Mike (via the forums) on the rotating ad banner. I see that you have run through the workaround and it sounds like it has worked for you. This issues is bugged and will be fixed in a future patch. I have also reviewed your case and responses with Janos and I have made sure that our tech support team knows about this issue and the workaround for it.

If you have any further questions or issues, please let me know.

Thank you,
    Adam=

It's nice to see that tech support is listening.

jakinnaird