Thread: Menu Flyouts

Default Menu Flyouts

I have a website that I recently converted to NOF12 and the menu flyouts which previoiusly worked perfectly are now coming up underneath graphics and type in the Layout area. How do I go about making them appear over these elements? See www.tutorace.com
    Thanks!

It's a z-index issue. Either change the z-index of the menu to a higher number or change the offending 'over' objects to a lower z-index.
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

Hmmm - I had the same problem and changing the NAV BAR z-index to higher did not help. I had to hunt around to change the offending over objects to a lower number. Just asking but isn't NOF supposed to control all that? Does this mean that I will need to change that after every publish of these pages?
    As a matter of interest ... NOF itself had put this code in ... <DIV ID="NavigationBar6LYR" STYLE="z-index: 1000"> after the original definition of ...
    div#NavigationBar6LYR { position:absolute; top:347px; left:73px; width:1047px; height:43px; z-index:2 } which in my case didn't help anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Adendum View Post
    Either change the z-index of the menu to a higher number or change the offending 'over' objects to a lower z-index.
    Easier said than done.
    Where can I find the z-index of the menu? Is it in one of the properties windows? Or do I need to edit each individual HTML-page containing the menu? And do I have to redo these changes each time I update/change the page?

BTW, Netobjects is aware of the issue and has said it will be addressed in a future release ('a' being the keyword, I'm afraid).

Well this is BS. These people have a lot of nerve releasing a progam that has serious flaws in a menu system that worked beautifully in previous versions. I tried changing the z-index value of the menu on the index page and while it did allow the flyouts to appear over adjacent elements, it completely changed the appearance of the menu, killed the 2nd level fly-outs, and introduced a yellow and white horizontal striped bar on the right hand side of the page. I am NOT a happy camper.
    Last edited by grg; 09-18-2011 at 02:47 AM.

Aw Crud. I agree with grg and am NOT happy either. I've had so many problems with this 12 version, it's hard to know where to begin. One thing I was shocked about was that it takes forever to publish my site (about 200 pages - 4 hours - as opposed to 10 minutes on NOF 11). Even though I will need to re-do all my changes - I'm going back to NOF 11 and removing 12 until it becomes stable enough to use. I am annoyed as hell but under a time crunch to get stuff done. I do not have time to put up with this nonsense.

Fusion 12 AU1 addressed a z-index issue. If you are running AU1 and still see the problem after publishing your site, then please log the issue through our support portal

Hello I helped grg with this via private message.

His problem was not to do with z-index, it was to do with his publishing method.

He was publishing with the HTML 4.01 method the old fixed layout (I think that layers were set up and the menu was going under the jpg graphic). I instructed him to change the publishing method to xhtml and, once he did that, all was OK as you can see on the link in grg's original post.

Gary