Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No longer able to publish to Earthlink

Well, the IP address didn't work, and another chat with Earthlink wasn't fruitful either. I was hoping someone there could at least try to replicate the problem, but they wouldn't. Looks like I'm heading for an upgrade to a newer version.

Quote Originally Posted by hogmaw View Post
    Well, the IP address didn't work, and another chat with Earthlink wasn't fruitful either. I was hoping someone there could at least try to replicate the problem, but they wouldn't. Looks like I'm heading for an upgrade to a newer version.
    You can always local publish and use filezilla to upload.

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4066
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Actually, the Earthlink-branded version has the Local Publish option stripped out! Oh well...

Well, if it is confirmation you want - you have it here. I am experiencing exactly the same problem and have tried all of the methods you have tried with no success. Now I am not even sure I want to upgrade, since I am not sure I will be any more successful with a new version. I am able to see my previous web site version files in Windows Explorer ( my new Vaio has WIndows 7) and Filezilla with all the same settings I am using in Fusion8 (also Earthlink branded version) but no success at publishing. Earthlink is no help. Fusion support no help. Ideas?

Joyce- Actually, it's very helpful to know that someone else is having the exact same problem - thank you! I'm still pondering my next move as well. Until I decide, I'm just going to keep watching the thread to see if anyone else chimes in. Please post if you hear anything new - I promise I'll do the same.

Angry No help from Earthlink

Well - I started a separate thread so I might get another response from a Fusion expert as well and the response I got was as follows:
    "The proprietary Earthlink version was locked to Earthlink hosting (they provided the specifications and the software was hard coded to their requirements). Earthlink has changed their hosting system. The Fusion product is locked to their old system.

I do not think that there is a solution to your problem other than using a retail version of Fusion or using another product unless Earthlink is willing to help you. "

So I did yet another chat session with Earthlink. No chance they will even admit there is a problem, let alone find a solution. They can ftp to it, I can ftp to it, I just can't publish, only Fusion8 has the problem so it must be NetObjects fault. I am thinking I will have to get the retail upgrade. I saw another thread that seems to indicate that another web hosting site that gave out Fusion8 is also experiencing the same problem.

Not happy, but I am really stuck until I can get my web site updated and I see no indications that I wouldn't run into future problems with another hosting provider so I am not quite ready to move off Earthlink. I guess it is time to upgrade Fusion.

Meanwhile, I'll keep an eye on these threads and see if anything new develops. Good luck!

If you own a retail version of the product and not one that is locked to a hosting provider like earthlink, netfirms, or 1&1 you can use it anywhere.

Earthlink, netfirms, and 1&1 provided copies of NetObjects Fusion for free to their hosting customers. The product they gave away were written specifically for these web hosting companies and could only be used on their web hosting platforms. Now that they have changed they way they handle hosting the product they provided is no longer usable with them and because it is a locked/proprietary product it can't be used anywhere else. In other words it is now worthless.

You won't run into this problem with any retail product (not just Fusion).

NetObjects offers a free product that is NOT locked. It is older by one revision then the one that you can no longer use so you would need to start your web site project again in this free product. BUT you can use it to upload to any hosting provider and you can create web sites on your home computer. Both of these functions are not available in the earthlink product you now have.

Here is where you can get a free copy: http://netobjects.com/html/essentials.html
    Last edited by gotFusion; 09-22-2011 at 04:51 AM.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Default Earthlink changed folder location

I was having the same problem. Earthlink "upgraded" their servers and moved my web pages from \webdocs to \public.

I had to update my publishing program to use \public.