Thread: Troubles with the Contactform

Default Troubles with the Contactform

Hey folks,
    currently I have a temporary website. http://www.rene-photography.de/index.html

I have the following problems:

After clicking the send-button I get the Error-Code 500

Furthermore, I have the Problem, I'm not sure if I filled the Botton-Options the right way. which email do I need to enter for "TO" and which into "FROM"?

What about the csv-data. I made a folder called "db" on the site-directory and changed the rights to "777". In this Folder I need a called "kontakt.csv" So do I need to do it myself or will it be created automaticly? How do I create such a file?

Thank you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kontaktformular..jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	1005  

Winam,

The 500 error usually means you have a file or folder that has the wrong permissions. I'd guess you are trying to write to the CSV file but have it set to read only. This URL will explain 500 errors in more detail. You'll need to log in to the server and change the settings of a file/folder - I use my FTP client to do that but you can probably do the same thing via the server's cPanel.

As for your form settings:-

VON (from): you can put any valid email address in there. It's what the end user sees as the sender. So you could use noreply@domain.com or webmaster@domain.com and anything@domain.com etc.

AN (to): this is where you want the email to arrive at.

Once you have the permissions sorted out the CSV file is written automatically.
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

thanks. Meanwhile I foudn out, that I forgot the two points in the pathes.

Thanks for the information about the email adresses.