Thread: Data Source Connector issue

Default Data Source Connector issue

I have been using the data source connector to create my dynamic website. Recently, the connector has failed and does not connect to mysql on my host providers server. I have verified all input parameters, but it still fails to get the schema. Once it fails, I have to close NOF, and restart the program, as any other attempts , the program fails to respond. I am on Windows 7 and running as the admin. This connector has performed perfectly to create 170 pages, and now it fails Has any one else experienced this with the connector? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Check and see if you have any errors on your drive. I don't have to use admin to run the plugin. It works fine without doing that for me using Windows 7.

Quote Originally Posted by chipguy View Post
    I have been using the data source connector to create my dynamic website. Recently, the connector has failed and does not connect to mysql on my host providers server. I have verified all input parameters, but it still fails to get the schema. Once it fails, I have to close NOF, and restart the program, as any other attempts , the program fails to respond. I am on Windows 7 and running as the admin. This connector has performed perfectly to create 170 pages, and now it fails Has any one else experienced this with the connector? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

So my hosting firm Netfirms, informs me that the new platform they are on does not allow Fusion 11 to connect. Well that's great, I now have a website that I cannot edit or add to because without the program connecting, it cannot publish the bindings for the queries to build the pages. So the question is, how do you build a database built site when Fusion cannot connect remotely to the database? I could really use any suggestions.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by chipguy View Post
    So my hosting firm Netfirms, informs me that the new platform they are on does not allow Fusion 11 to connect. Well that's great, I now have a website that I cannot edit or add to because without the program connecting, it cannot publish the bindings for the queries to build the pages. So the question is, how do you build a database built site when Fusion cannot connect remotely to the database? I could really use any suggestions.

Steve
    I think another option is to paste/type the php code in your text html. Text code allows adding php within the html box, so you should be able to do this. Especially seeing that the the plugin is a java and java buttons from NOF have a mind of their own.
    Last edited by dove-7; 09-25-2011 at 08:11 PM.

chipguy,

Sounds like you would be better using another hosting company. There are millions of them out there and most litterally have no restrictions.

just a thought.

that or just add the code in the text editor box. it's made to add php etc. i use both options.
    Quote Originally Posted by wtpooh55 View Post
    chipguy,

Sounds like you would be better using another hosting company. There are millions of them out there and most litterally have no restrictions.

just a thought.

Thanks for the response guys. Yes I did think about switching hosting firms, but from what I have researched, hosting companies are getting away from remote connections to databases because of security issues. I can still access through phpMyAdmin, it was just so convenient to use NOF to bind the recordsets. I have installed WAMP and do believe that NOF will allow me to test connections locally with one database configuration and then when I publish live it will bind the site to the database on the hosting server.
    I have custom php code within my site which is a search for products I sell. This code works fine, it connects to the database and returns queries correctly. It's just the database source tools connector that is the problem. Right now, I have succeeded in getting NOF to connect to mysql locally using WAMP. My next step is to have each connection configuration bound to the proper publish profiles. The product manual does briefly explain the way NOF does this, I just have to get it to work.
    If anyone has had success in this, I sure could use some direction.

Steve

Colin

Default Re: Data Source Connector issue

chipguy <chipguy.50obav@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com> wrote in news:chipguy.50obav@no-
    mx.forums.netobjects.com:

>
    > Thanks for the response guys. Yes I did think about switching hosting
    > firms, but from what I have researched, hosting companies are getting
    > away from remote connections to databases because of security issues. I
    > can still access through phpMyAdmin, it was just so convenient to use
    > NOF to bind the recordsets. I have installed WAMP and do believe that
    > NOF will allow me to test connections locally with one database
    > configuration and then when I publish live it will bind the site to the
    > database on the hosting server.
    > I have custom php code within my site which is a search for products
    > I sell. This code works fine, it connects to the database and returns
    > queries correctly. It's just the database source tools connector that
    > is the problem. Right now, I have succeeded in getting NOF to connect to
    > mysql locally using WAMP. My next step is to have each connection
    > configuration bound to the proper publish profiles. The product manual
    > does briefly explain the way NOF does this, I just have to get it to
    > work.
    > If anyone has had success in this, I sure could use some direction.
    >
    > Steve
    >
    >
    >

GoDaddy stil allows external database connections. This is NOT a secure practice. I created a parallel
    site in a subdirectory on my hosting service (1 and 1) and upload any changes and development there
    for testing. After I'm sure everything works fine I upload to he main site.

--
    Read and be merry http://blog.rankarmor.com

Well it works. Using wamp I have a local server and and can test all recordsets on the database on my own computer. I have an identical database on my host server, and when NOF publishes, I have assigned it to bind the recordset to that database. If you are using the dynamic data source functions of NOF and need to connect remotely to mysql, this setup is working great for me. Took alot of scratching though.

Steve