Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weirdest thing ever...

Exclamation Weirdest thing ever...

This is really weird and very annoying! I published as usual and all of a sudden I have the word "TOO" sitting in the middle of my page. What the??? I didn't put it there. Here's the big problem, it doesn't show up in design view, but I found it in my source code. BUT I can't delete it! I thought you could edit in source code? I don't know cuz I haven't tried till now, am I wrong? Here's what it looks like:

<p style="text-align: center; margin-bottom: 0px;">
    TOO
    </p>

I have no idea where this came from, any ideas??? Grab a beer and help me out please!
    Thanks.

Upload the page and post the url so we can see.
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

If you can't figure it out and it is only on 1 page.......

GO to site view and create a new page BELOW the problem one.

GO to page view and copy/paste the content from the "bad" page to the new page.

While on the new page, click on the PREVIEW icon at the top and see if the TOO text appears on the page

If it doesn't.... Go back to site view, copy/paste the page name, title, description, nav and banner info from the bad page properties palette to the new page properties palette.

Then delete the bad page. the new page will pop up and take the place of the bad one and you are all done.

Clear off your work files/folders and do a full local publish. See this gotFusion tutorial for details: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4029
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Sorry for the late response, had to work...Anyway, I now have a VERY serious issue, I dont know what happened, but as I tried to fix the "TOO" problem, my website has vanished from the web! Okay, not vanished, but all images, links, banners wont transfer; all that goes through is my background. We bought a new modem yesterday, which I set up this morning; we were having bad problems with our internet connection for several weeks, so I suspected that maybe my files didnt go thru for this reason cuz when I was trying to publish over the weekend our net keep going down. But now its still not working. Here's my address- http://www.twodogsandapig.com/

NOF came up these errors today:
    Error sending the file C:\Documents and Settings\Rhonda\My Documents\NetObjects Fusion 11.0\User Sites\TDAAP\Assets\db\db_meerkatbaby1.jpg to the server

Error sending the file C:\Documents and Settings\Rhonda\My Documents\NetObjects Fusion 11.0\User Sites\TDAAP\Assets\db\db_nightstalker1.jpg to the server

Error sending the file C:\Documents and Settings\Rhonda\My Documents\NetObjects Fusion 11.0\User Sites\TDAAP\Assets\db\db_redeyetreefrog1.jpg to the server

Error sending the file C:\Documents and Settings\Rhonda\My Documents\NetObjects Fusion 11.0\User Sites\TDAAP\Assets\db\db_scanhangfrog1.jpg to the server

Error sending the file C:\Documents and Settings\Rhonda\My Documents\NetObjects Fusion 11.0\User Sites\TDAAP\Assets\db\db_scansitfrog1.jpg to the server

Could not create'assets/i the directory mages/' on the server

Could not create the directory 'assets/images/autogen/' on the server

Could not create the directory 'assets/' on the server

So how do I get all my assets to publish again, does anybody know? I gonna freak if I have to make a duplicate of my site!
    This is horrible..............Thanks in advance, oh, BTW, the original "TOO" pop up showed up in my source code on line 593.
    Thanks again, I'll check back soon...

Something is, indeed, weird. (But not the weirdest thing ever. I've got dibs on that. )

In your source file you've got:
    HTML Code:
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE> Title of Page will be generated by NetObjects Fusion. </TITLE>

<!-- NetObjects Fusion Generated HEAD HTML-->
    </HEAD>
    This is, of course, not the real code. It's what you get if you look at the pseudo-HTML from within NOF before publishing.

Try this:

1. Go to your local publish folder and delete everything in that folder.
    2. Do a Local Publish of your site, and see if that works.
    3. Then try publishing to your host again.
    4. If that doesn't work, but Local Publish did work, then use an FTP program to transfer the contents of the Local Publish folder to your server.

D'oh! I was looking for gotFusion's tutorial on this, and see it was posted two posts above.
    Last edited by RayC; 10-12-2011 at 11:40 PM.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

You should download, install, and configure FileZilla.

http://filezilla-project.org/download.php

If you have issues connecting and uploading from your local publish folder with a different software, the issue is not Fusion and you will know where to start looking for the problem.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I did a local publish earlier, and just did another. I looked in the folder and everything seems to be there, except when viewed its still just my background...Is it really okay to delete the whole folder?? That kinda worries me, are there any reprocautions that could happen from doing that?

I could only get as far as Line 482...?
    And you've got DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN
    and
    DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN
    in the same page

I can only get to a page by piecing a page address together, eg;
    http://www.twodogsandapig.com/html/c...he_artist.html

Perhaps a screwed up Master Border with code/html added in the Head sections?

As suggested earlier, clear out your publish folders and maybe your webserver as well, and do a full, clean publish

**Apologies, I see RayC and gotFusion are quicker at typing than me....
    Last edited by Trimdoner; 10-12-2011 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Taking too long to post.....

Thanks so much everbody I honestly dont know how everything got so messed up in one fowl swoop! If anybody has more suggestions I would greatly appreciate it, the next free time I have to tackle this is on Friday, so hopefully more of you will find fixes for me, advise, etc....
    Bummed Girl............

Unhappy

wow, I see that you can find the rest of my site, only my home page is affected, I was curious about that. Go here- http://http://www.twodogsandapig.com/html/about_us.html
    and you can navigate thru all, (I think) except my home page. Pardon my lack of knowledge, but can you explain what
    " got DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN
    and
    DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN
    in the same page"
    means? If its too complicated dont worry about it, I'll look it up somehow,....Also, am I right? this is a tranfer of files problem?