Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drop down menus not working on iphone

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I can't take a screenshot on Android until Ice Cream Sandwich but...I just went back and checked it out and you are right, your already using section titles (doh). Anyways, I tested again from a couple of Android devices with the same results, the nav is currently working as intended.

Also, you might want to try and use the trackball on the Android device as that works great as well. Perhaps you have already changed the navigation since your last post? Check my time stamp and let me know (5:09 EST).
    Hello Adam,

Yes, I did update the web site to include a text navigation bar at the bottom. I did this to overcome the drop down menus not working correctly on mobile devices. It is the iphone OS that has me stumped. No matter what I do to the web site, I just cannot get the drop downs to work correctly on the iphone.

Default Clickable vs. rollover

Adam,

Hopefully you are still monitoring this thread. Could be that I am late to the game, but I have come to the realization that rollover menus do not work properly on touch screen devices (even the Netobject.com web site doesn't work corretly on a touchscreen devices). Is there a way to change the navigation bar to make it a clickable drop down instead of a mouse rollover drop down?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by blperez View Post
    Adam,

Hopefully you are still monitoring this thread. Could be that I am late to the game, but I have come to the realization that rollover menus do not work properly on touch screen devices (even the Netobject.com web site doesn't work corretly on a touchscreen devices). Is there a way to change the navigation bar to make it a clickable drop down instead of a mouse rollover drop down?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Hi blperez,

Yes, still checking in on the thread. There is not an option for that but let me think about it overnight to see if I can come up with an alternative.
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Default Update

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Hi blperez,

Yes, still checking in on the thread. There is not an option for that but let me think about it overnight to see if I can come up with an alternative.

Adam,

Were you able to come up with anything?

Hello Blperez,
    I have been following your thread with interest because I have the same problem with my site. It seems that if you turn on auto close menu's then the sub menu briefly appears on the iphone/ipad but then disappears before you can click on anything. If you do not turn on auto close then the sub menu's do not even appear. Have you found any alternative. I noticed that it still does not work on an iphone/ipad on your site. Any fixes in sight from NOF?

Hello again Blperez,
    I also noticed on your site that the first menu item of your sub menu did not display a page (Products). I need to do that on my site as otherwise the first page is easily missed. Did you add that page through adding a page in the directory structure or by manipulating the menu. Any help would be appreciated. I like how you have handled this on your site. My site is www.aussiepm.com.au

Thanks in advance.

If you want a placeholder button which is not linked to a page, you have to create a custom navigation bar and add a title.
    Please see this thread about the details and gotfusion's screenshot in answer #6.
    http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...t=title+button
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Default That did the trick

Quote Originally Posted by aussiepm View Post
    Hello Blperez,
    I have been following your thread with interest because I have the same problem with my site. It seems that if you turn on auto close menu's then the sub menu briefly appears on the iphone/ipad but then disappears before you can click on anything. If you do not turn on auto close then the sub menu's do not even appear. Have you found any alternative. I noticed that it still does not work on an iphone/ipad on your site. Any fixes in sight from NOF?
    Just for fun, I turned on the 'auto close' and that did the trick. Now my site works correctly on the iphone. I don't seem to have the problem of the menu disappearing just before clicking on the menu as you explained. For the custom menus, I have all of the options checked except for 'link end caps'. So far the menus work are working on an iphone with IOS 5.0

I can confirm that your dropdown menue works properly on my iPad as well now, I just tested it.
    Congratulations.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten