Thread: NOD file won't open after a crash

Angry NOD file won't open after a crash

While I was closing a site after making changes earlier today, my system locked up when the Fusion file was at 99% finished. After restarting the computer I re-opened Fusion 12 and tried to open the site I had been working on and got the normal "File Instability" warning message. After clicking Ok so Fusion could recover the file I got a message telling me "Could not open C:\Users\Home\Documents\Websites\A1\A1.nod." and the file will not open. I have searched for a back-up of the site in the location where the backups are supposed to be stored, but found that none had been created for this or any of the other sites I have been managing with Fusion.
    Is there are way to recover the NOD file so I can reopen the site, or do I have to rebuild the site from scratch (about 70 pages at the current time - with none of it backed up it seems)? Any assistance you can give will be greatly appreciated since I do not relish doing all of this over again. I am using NOF12 on Windows 7 in case that helps anyone

open windows explorer and do a search for *backup*.nod ( * means wildcard)

This should locate all of your backup files

You will need to move the file into your user sites folder before you can open it.

See this gotfusion tutorial for details: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4035
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks - found one in the autosave folder (not where it was supposed to be, but . . . ) and moved it to the root forlder and everything works fine. Appreciate the quick response. (Sent the same thing to the NOF help folks and will probably get an answer back in a week or so).