Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I want my money back! - you should too!

Angry I want my money back! - you should too!

I HAVE HUNDREDS OF FORM BUTTONS THAT ARE NOW NOT WORKING due to the KNOWN ISSUE FORM BUG! - AND SO DO A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE. THAT'S HOURS OF WORK NETOBJECTS! FIX THIS ASAP!!!

I can't even figure out how to get the POST form URL anymore. I'VE ALREADY MADE TOO MANY CHANGES TO UNINSTALL THE UPDATE, ETC.

NETOBJECTS, IF YOU CAN'T FIND A QUICK SOLUTION TO THIS, I'M BILLING YOU MY HOURS CHARGED TO FIX THIS! ($125/hr) - AT LEAST, YOU BETTER REFUND WHAT I PAID FOR THIS UPGRADE OF YOURS THAT IS FILLED WITH PRIORITY ONE BUGS!!

I emailed Support already. Please respond ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by KayK View Post
    I HAVE HUNDREDS OF FORM BUTTONS THAT ARE NOW NOT WORKING due to the KNOWN ISSUE FORM BUG! - AND SO DO A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE. THAT'S HOURS OF WORK NETOBJECTS! FIX THIS ASAP!!!

I can't even figure out how to get the POST form URL anymore. I'VE ALREADY MADE TOO MANY CHANGES TO UNINSTALL THE UPDATE, ETC.

NETOBJECTS, IF YOU CAN'T FIND A QUICK SOLUTION TO THIS, I'M BILLING YOU MY HOURS CHARGED TO FIX THIS! ($125/hr) - AT LEAST, YOU BETTER REFUND WHAT I PAID FOR THIS UPGRADE OF YOURS THAT IS FILLED WITH PRIORITY ONE BUGS!!

I emailed Support already. Please respond ASAP!
    Hi KayK,

Please see PM.
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Twayne

Default Re: I want my money back! - you should too!

In news:KayK.51z4n8@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com,
    KayK <KayK.51z4n8@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com> typed:
    > I HAVE HUNDREDS OF FORM BUTTONS THAT ARE NOW NOT WORKING
    > due to the KNOWN ISSUE FORM BUG! - AND SO DO A LOT OF
    > OTHER PEOPLE. THAT'S HOURS OF WORK NETOBJECTS! FIX THIS
    > ASAP!!!
    >
    > I can't even figure out how to get the POST form URL
    > anymore. I'VE ALREADY MADE TOO MANY CHANGES TO UNINSTALL
    > THE UPDATE, ETC.
    >
    > NETOBJECTS, IF YOU CAN'T FIND A QUICK SOLUTION TO THIS,
    > I'M BILLING YOU MY HOURS CHARGED TO FIX THIS! ($125/hr) -
    > AT LEAST, YOU BETTER REFUND WHAT I PAID FOR THIS UPGRADE
    > OF YOURS THAT IS FILLED WITH PRIORITY ONE BUGS!!
    >
    > I emailed Support already. Please respond ASAP!

All caps: I don't read shouting. and you shouldn't shout, either.

Post from URL: Cockpit problem? Have you looked to see f there are any
    workarounds? I won't do t for you 'cause you're so rude & crude, & I'm only
    a user like you are.

TOO MANY CHANGES TO UNINSTALL > THE UPDATE, ETC. ?? Read up on how to do
    it. Help, Google, any good search engine. The sentence makes no sense to me.

When you get your wits again, try again; someone may well have good advce
    for you. Read your contract: you cannot bill for lost hours of your own
    time. That's almost funny, know that?

Bye

Thanks NO support for responding so quickly. I'm glad to hear there is a fix being tested now.

Wondering when this update will be ready. Our Search function is broke too due to this bad Form bug!

Usually if there is a work around, most companies get as many fixes in with a single update as they can. Doing an update for each problem can cause more problems than they fix. For example update for 12 fixes about 7 to 10 things and only messed up 2 or 3 and those have work arounds. An update for a single fix could cause 2 or 3 problems, at that rate a product would be going backwards. It really comes down to, "backup every time you update anything". When I work on a web project, sometimes I have about 30 to 100 backups (not saves but back ups) before I get done. Hundreds of hundreds of saves but a lot of back ups too.

I been doing Web and CD/DVD Authoring sense 2001. I worked with Flash, Director, NOF MX, NOF 7, Xara Web Design and several other media development software and I can tell you that 99% of the time that a crash or bug in someones software was only as painful as my lack of backing up. Building the customers project was my main concern years ago. My main objective is to back up now. Add a new page (backup), try some hashed together HTML, JAV SCRIPT or PHP (back up). Stop for lunch (you guessed it). Take a bio break (bkup). Finish up a page edit so I can republish (man oh man I would back up first).

I back up so much I payed $100 for a 1TRB external hard drive. I even backed up each of my installs and my registry. I also set up two raided 500 gig hard drives for redundancy. If anyone is doing media authoring, they need to change their middle name to Backup. If I go to update anything, I like to make a backup and a backup2 in a different location (ie.. CD/DVD). A restore or rollback is a hot coa coa break and maybe even a pastry break.

I worked for a company once and they (owner and rest of the staff) were out of town for a week. I backed up the server on Friday (without being asked), stayed after work off the clock not being payed to do it. I got a call at like 1:30 AM Saturday night from the owner, "We been hacked by the CHINESE and our last backup was almost a week old". I told him I would see what I could do. I finished up about 3 am. System restore to Friday 12AM and then rollback to my backup. When they woke up the next morning, the websites were all normal and the directories were password protected to prevent hacks. I think he was a happy boss.

Back up when you think about it and back up when you don't think you need to. Will software fail people? Yes! People fail themselves even worse by not backing up. I have gone into a customers place to fix their computer and it take 45 minutes while we chatted because they use a backup program and went into another and have to take the computer with me and bring it back a week later completely reloaded because they do not back up. Windows was not the problem, we know an OS can fail, hardware can fail and power can fail. The hardest fail is when someone does not back up as they work. Be kind to yourself and back up, back up, back up. You can sing that last line if you want. What ever inspires you to. . . . .

This is irrelevant to my issue since many changes were performed before the issue was discovered.

I have been in software and Internet Dev for a combined 22 years. I've been backing up longer than you; But thanks for the input.

I'm a new user who recently bouth Fusion 12. I'ts a nice program to build websites with, but the BUGS are killing me.

Every time I want to publish my website, Fusion keeps crashing. After restart, Fusion says that the recovery was succesfull, but had to delete recent changes. Unfortunately this is not everything, sometimes half my website is delete!! WTF..

Does anyone els experiance these problems?

Are you pasting in content from Word?

This can cause major problems.

Fusion 12 is rock solid for me.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Yes, ALL THE TIME. It's horrible. And it's sooooo slow. Glad you posted because I've been Very Frustrated too lately.

Whoever is in charge has no concept of QA. You don't send software out with crashing bugs. Just unacceptable! You'd never find Adobe or any other reputable company releasing software like this. If this company really wants to succeed, they need to get serious on the QA.

Yeah, I still want my money back.