Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I want my money back! - you should too!

Fusion 12 is rock solid for me.
    Yep, me too.

In almost all cases when I've experienced NoF crashing/deleting objects/etc it's due to something I've done. The biggest fault in the beginning was putting objects into NoF from all over my hard drive. Over the years my computer configurations have changed considerably, from number of drives, assignment of drive letters etc. And then there's the times I've moved assets around on my computer.

I learned years ago to ALWAYS copy assets into the NoF site structure before placing them in NoF and that has removed most instability problems for me. It almost always comes down to work flow.

I do all that and it still crashes. Support emailed me privately weeks ago and admitted a bunch of bugs, problems. Just because it doesn't crash for some doesn't meant there aren't bugs. Different users do different things. The app has been stable for years and it should NOT crash that easily for anything that a user normally does. they need to address these issues. That's just standard good QA. Users should not have to figure out "workarounds" so the darn app doesn't crash. thx

Senior Member Thomas Frei-Herrmann's Avatar

Good morning,

Kay, I agree to the comments of Franko which does not mean that NOF has no bugs (as any other software too) but maybe something is not really working with your PC.

I am using NOF since version 7 just for me personally as a hobby. Meanwhile I have probably the largest German "NOF Help Site" and I never - ever crashed with my NOF during my regular use. I do have some 600 pages in several projects and one has approximately 260 pages and has nearly all components of NOF incorporated.

I just wonder why yours is crashing all the time and my not.
    Tommy

Administrator at the German NOF-Forum

NOF-Tutorials.com | German NOF-Forum | Overview of my tutorials | Facebook

I would LOVE TO KNOW and fix it but Support, who even has two copies of my template (450+) pages didn't tell me why. I've been using NO for a few versions myself and it has always crashed though seems to started crashing more in 11.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    I learned years ago to ALWAYS copy assets into the NoF site structure before placing them in NoF and that has removed most instability problems for me. It almost always comes down to work flow.
    Hi, Frank

Just want to be clear. Do you manually copy the files you intend to use to your project assets folder before importing them into a page?

I usually just have the Copy to site's "Assets" folder checked off in the open file dialogue. Do you feel that is not enough?
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Every time I want to publish my website, Fusion keeps crashing. After restart, Fusion says that the recovery was succesfull, but had to delete recent changes. Unfortunately this is not everything, sometimes half my website is delete!! WTF
    The point is, why does your NOF12 crash? Can you elaborate a little bit on your own circumstances? Which OS are you using? Which updates have you installed? Is IE9 installed on your system? Does the programme crash on publishing with a new project or only your current project? Did you have problems installing, was there an interruption while installing or deinstalling and reeinstalling? These are just a few ideas.

Does the local publishing work? If yes you can publish the results via FTP-Programm as long as NOF has a problem.

I didn't have a single crash with NOF12 so far. (Win Vista, installed as Administrator)

who even has two copies of my template (450+) pages
    That's a lot, if you are using frames or have too many pics or word-formats or other no-go it is possible that the project doesn't work anymore...
    Last edited by barbara0701; 12-15-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Twayne

Default Re: I want my money back! - you should too!

In news:KayK.54s2xy@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com,
    KayK <KayK.54s2xy@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com> typed:
    > I would LOVE TO KNOW and fix it but Support, who even has
    > two copies of my template (450+) pages didn't tell me
    > why. I've been using NO for a few versions myself and it
    > has always crashed though seems to started crashing more
    > in 11.
    >
    > thanks

You guys are all complaining, but giving little details to support getting
    any help, such as OS, NOF rev & updates applied, etc. etc..

You guys are all complaining, but giving little details to support getting
    any help, such as OS, NOF rev & updates applied, etc. etc..
    Exactly!!! I often feel that some people just complain for the sake of generating negative publicity for the software. I mean, nobody and nothing is perfect. If it's a question of getting value for money, we have a good deal with NetO.. Moreover, workarounds for just about any problem can be supplied by experienced users anytime in these forums at no cost at all.

Hi, Frank

Just want to be clear. Do you manually copy the files you intend to use to your project assets folder before importing them into a page?

I usually just have the Copy to site's "Assets" folder checked off in the open file dialogue. Do you feel that is not enough?
    Hi Ray, yes I manually copy the object to the assets folder and I leave the "copy to assets folder" unchecked. The first for me is just good housekeeping (I've been building web sites since the days of Lynx and Grail using vi as a text editor until the first edition of HomeSite came out); the second I stopped when, with previous versions, I noticed NoF would copy a file into the assets folder even if it was still there and rename it, so I ended up with several instances of the same object on the site, each with a _1 or _2 appended.

I often feel that some people just complain for the sake of generating negative publicity for the software.
    I have to say I feel the same way. In 90% of cases it's invariably because the person concerned hasn't bothered to actually RTFM or learn to use the program and in 5% of cases I'm sure the persons have an ulterior motiviation, eg they work for a rival company, etc. Creating FUD is one of the most basic marketing tactics in any market and is especially true in the IT area (I know, I spent many years marketing IT with IBM and 3Com, amongst others) and even more true in silly clone valley.

The other 5% are genuine cases, but as you say, Barbara, nothing is perfect, especially in the computer world. You get as close as you can but invariably any piece of software is going to be less than perfect and I do mean any. But I also do really believe there is a concerted effort in this marketplace to do everything possible to discredit NO.