Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Php code help

  1. #1
    Member chipguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Ontario
    Posts
    53

    Default Php code help

    I could really use some help here. I have an eCommerce site that has worked flawlessly for years. My hosting company has recently switched platforms and I had some issues. I had posted earlier about this. Remote mysql connections are not allowed by alot of hosting companies due to security reasons. It shut down my ability to publish, but, after a lot a scratching, I now have wamp testing the local publish and then binding the recordsets to the database on my host server. Problem solved there.
    Now, all of a sudden, I have certain pages that are not loading. This is the way the page loads by designer name:
    http://www.fragrancegarage.ca/html/calvin_klein_men.php

    This is the way letter link navigation is loading:
    http://www.fragrancegarage.ca/html/men_c.php

    As you see, the links that are searched by designer are working, but , the links by the letter are not.
    Yes, I have checked all profiles for the connector, the binding, etc. and all is good.
    The funny thing is this. When I test the pages locally using wamp, they all load properly. When I publish to my server, they don't.

    I also had pages that didn't load because in the database, their names had the ampersand in it, ie" Dolce & Gabbana. By removing the ampersand in the name, the pages started loading.

    I am going nuts trying to figure this out. The key point is this, up until a few days ago, everything worked fine. I am battling with their support, as they say it is in the code and not the server. I on the other had disagree, reason being that the site work flawlessly until now.

    I have a feeling that the ampersand has something to do with it. In the queries where pages are not loaded, I am using the &gt and &lt symbols as NOF uses xml to create the queries. Where are the php wizards out there.

    Here is a copy of the xml binding for one of the pages that doesn't load.

    <?php exit(); ?><?xml version="1.0"?>
    <recordsets><recordset id="xxxxxxx" type="sql" connectionid="xxxxxxxxxxxx"><query><type>select</type><from>`fragrances`</from><cols>`fragrances`.`id`,`fragrances`.`Item`,` fragrances`.`Availabilty`,`fragrances`.`Name`,`fra grances`.`Olfactive`,`fragrances`.`Notes`,`fragran ces`.`Description`,`fragrances`.`Designer`,`fragra nces`.`Size`,`fragrances`.`Gender`,`fragrances`.`S uggested`,`fragrances`.`Retail`,`fragrances`.`Cost `,`fragrances`.`Image`</cols><where>`fragrances`.`Gender` = 'men' AND `fragrances`.`Name` &gt; 'c' AND `fragrances`.`Name` &lt; 'd'</where><order>`fragrances`.`Name` ASC</order></query></recordset><recordset id="xxxxx" type="sql" connectionid="xxxxxxxx"><query><type>select</type><from>`customers`</from><cols>`customers`.`user_id`</cols><where>`customers`.`user_id` = $Url.Userid</where><order></order></query></recordset></recordsets>

    Steve
    Last edited by chipguy; 10-23-2011 at 04:30 PM.

  2. #2
    Member chipguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Ontario
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Okay, so I found the problem. NOF when generating queries uses xml predefined entities. I had the less than (&lt) and greater than (&gt) entities in my queries. Linux has issues with this so I had to remove them from my queries and use another format. Also, having the ampersand in any data entries, also caused issues. They must have done some updates to the OS as these issues did not effect my site up until now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •