Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: delete master border anchors

Default delete master border anchors

I've had a site that I've been updating since NetObjects 4 (I started using it in June 2000) The site has about 400 pages and it is horribly slow to change pages or update anything. I decided to switch to a new "style" in the hope that my old style had some bugs in it that was causing the slow responses. I have a dual core 3 GHz processor with 4 gigs of memory.
    Before changing the style, I noticed that there were 4 "topofpage" and 3 "topofpage1" anchors on every page, they are in the master border properties. I'm guessing that this would slow things down a bit, that's one reason I changed styles in order to try and be able to locate them and delete the anchors, I have no idea how the anchors got there and I want to try and remove them but I can't find them anywhere in order to remove them. I have gone into masterborder properties to try and locate them without success.
    Thanks for any suggestions?
    Pete / petemacay@hotmail.com

Anchors will be in text boxes or table cells. They will show on your page as a small red circle with an upside down T in them.

Double click within the text box or cell to enter edit mode.
    Hover over the anchor icon to get the hand pointer then click on the icon to select the anchor.
    Press the anchor button on your properties palette.

The anchor palette should open with the anchor selected.

To remove anchor, press the remove button.

You will need to do this process for each anchor you wish to remove.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Hello, thank you very much for your reply. However, that is my problem. When I add anchors on my own, they act just as you suggest, with the little anchor symbol. The issue is on these anchors, they are not visible anywhere. The only time I see them is when I try and link a button or hyperlink to an anchor, I see them on EVERY page. That is the only place they are visible. They are NOT visible on the page I'm editing with the anchor symbol, however, if I add an anchor, then YES that anchor is visible and I can rename it or delete it as you suggest. I am stumped on how to remove all these bogus anchors that I feel are slowing my website down. Thanks again for any ideas! Pete

Anchors were not supported in versions earlier than Fusion 5

If you entered them in an earlier version you had to force them in HTLM view.

Go to HTML view and see if you can find the anchors (outside of a protected area). If they have become shoved into a protected (non editable) area, you will need to start a new project or live with them as they have become part of the software hard coding of that project file.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

Hi there, thanks again for the reply. I never entered ANY anchors into the master border area, they just appeared on their own, and not only that, but 7 of them!

Here is the html code for my master boarders

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE> Title of Page will be generated by NetObjects Fusion. </TITLE>

<!-- NetObjects Fusion Generated HEAD HTML-->
    </HEAD>
    <BODY NetObjects Fusion Generated BODY Parameters

>

<!-- NetObjects Fusion Generated BODY -->

</BODY>
    </HTML>

I updated the style and this is still what it says. There are no anchors there.

Thanks for your help!

Pete

I page view, down at the very bottom left of the program window you will se the words "design", "code", and "Preview" along with some icons.

Press the "Code" button. Look for the anchors and remove them.

There are 385 lines of "code" I did a text search for "top" and "anchor" and couldn't find either in order to remove them. What text should I search on to find the code to remove. Thanks again for all your help!
    Pete

A URL to a problem page would go a long way in helping me find what you are talking about

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    A URL to a problem page would go a long way in helping me find what you are talking about
    www.pejnron.com is my website, every page of the website has 4 "topofpage" anchors and 3 "topofpage1" anchors

Thanks for your help with this.

Peter J. Macay

I have looked at several pages and cannot find a single anchor in any of the code.

No set anchors and no links to anchors.

1. Do a view source of your pages (the live/online pages).
    2. Then do a find for <a name="topofpage"></a> (this is a set anchor point)
    3. Then do a find for <a href="#topofpage">some text</a> this is a link to the anchor.

This code does not exist on the pages I looked at

Maybe the pages I looked at are not the ones you are talking about.

Post a URL of a page that has this problem.