Thread: Remote publishing problems

Exclamation Remote publishing problems

I have a web site on my domain that I have been unable to update as a result of difficulties with Fusion 8 as made available by Earthlink - apparently due to Earthlink making changes to the way the site can be accessed for ftp. I have upgraded to FusionXII and am now able to successfully publish locally. When I remote publish all my files appear to be uploaded to my domain, but the updated web pages do not open when I access the domain. I have tried publishing locally and just transfering the files but that did not help. Is there something very basic I am missing here? The web site looks precisely as I expect when viewed locally, but shows no updated material at all when I visit the web site with either Firefox or IE. Please help. I am at wits end. This should be simple!

You're probably publishing to the wrong location on the web server.

They probably changed that too.

Ask EarthLink the proper path to the web folder your pages need to go into.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

well, i'm publishing to the correct folder and
    I reviewed the files on my local machine, and they worked fine. i sent these files to the web and the software (version 12) added a new directory link to url of the file. it wont work on the web.

this is absolutely unacceptable. all the messagea i am seeing here are errors in programming and it all started when the software was sold to the current owner!

Joe Rotello

Default Re: Remote publishing problems

On 11/18/2011 2:30 AM, Logos wrote:
    > well, i'm publishing to the correct folder and
    > I reviewed the files on my local machine, and they worked fine. i sent
    > these files to the web and the software (version 12) added a new
    > directory link to url of the file. it wont work on the web.
    >
    > this is absolutely unacceptable. all the messagea i am seeing here are
    > errors in programming and it all started when the software was sold to
    > the current owner!
    >
    >

Properly advise Fusion 12's Publish dialog which server folder (usually
    called the start directory) to load the web page or site into, and you
    likely will not have this problem.

In the many years of Fusion 8, 9, 10, 11 and now 12 usage, we have never
    seen Fusion add a directory link into a website unless it was told to or
    told erroneous information.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    well, i'm publishing to the correct folder and
    I reviewed the files on my local machine, and they worked fine. i sent these files to the web and the software (version 12) added a new directory link to url of the file. it wont work on the web.

this is absolutely unacceptable. all the messagea i am seeing here are errors in programming and it all started when the software was sold to the current owner!
    None of what you have said makes any sense.

Post a URL and describe your problem with the page
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I am having that problem with my site too. I have tried mutiple times to upload it to the server, 1and1.com and it seems to be there and yet when I refresh my browser page it goes right back to the old one. I even tried to use another FTP program, CuteFTP and it looks like the files are there. WHY is it not updating though?

Have you force refreshed your browser? Hold down your CTRL key and press your F5 (function) key.

If this does not let you see the new content you may need to ask 1&1 is they are using a proxy cache. If they are, you will just have to wait until they update the proxy (couple of hours usually)
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz