Thread: Can't find specified files resulting in broken images.

Default Can't find specified files resulting in broken images.

Since installing Fusion 12 and transferring my website from Fusion 11, whenever I try to view via Preview or Local Publish all new images are broken. They appear OK in Design View.

After Local Publish I am getting an error which states:
    Can't copy file: C:\Users\Terry Holmes.TELECOMAUDIO\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\User Sites\ML6XII_2011\ML6XII_2011\Preview\Autogen\V250 1ColdPlay75.jpg
    The system cannot find the file specified.

I think that Fusion 12 is not finding the Assets Folder which contains the files but am not sure exactly where it would be looking.

I transferred the website as a template from 11 and verified all assets before doing so.

I am not an experienced user. Can anyone give me some pointers?

Open windows explorer and check to make sure you imported into your version 12 user sites folder...
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I created a template on the old computer (PC18) and then copied it onto the new computer (PC19) at C:\Users\Public\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\Templates\ML6XII_2011.zip using Windows Explorer.

I opened NOF12 and created website from template.
    I changed one image and attempted both Preview and Local Publish which resulted in a broken image and this error message after Local Publish.

Can't copy file: C:\Users\Terry Holmes.TELECOMAUDIO\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\User Sites\ML6XII_2011\Preview\Autogen\V2501ColdPlay75. jpg

I have checked that the image file is in the assets folder here:
    C:\Users\Terry Holmes.TELECOMAUDIO\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\User Sites\ML6XII_2011\Assets\V2501ColdPlay75.jpg

If I copy the image file into \Preview\Autogen the image is embedded and appears correctly.
    Although this is a short term fix I do not want to have to copy every image file I change from folder to folder.

Try running the re-optimize function on the project file and see if this fixes the issue.

Clean up local publish and preview then do a full local (on your computer) site generation

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4029
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I have tried to re-optimise the site both in NOF11 (prior to template/transfer) and NOF12 post transfer and it is locking up at 'Saving' 86% of process complete. I have left the system for an hour or more just in case it was just a long process but I am pretty confident it has locked.

I have 'cleaned out' the Preview Folder and Local Publish Folder and carried out an 'Entire Site' local publish but the problem continues.

Is there anything else I can try. Should I contact NetObject Tech Support or will I just get a cold shoulder?

Can anyone educate me as to why copying the file into Preview/Autogen also solves the problem in local publish? and when it says "the system cannot find the file specified" where does it think the file is missing from as it is definately in the assets file. Also, why is the system finding all pre-existing files but not finding new files?
    Last edited by JPAH; 11-07-2011 at 12:56 PM.

JPAH,

Are the images with the errors associated with media files (e.g. PDF, Windows Media Player, etc.)?

If so, the soon-to-be released Update2 will correct these errors.

Yes you're absolutely right. The images are associated with a WMA file. You think you've provided all the information you can think of and then miss out something critical like that! sorry.

I have replaced the Windows Media Player object with plain images and then linked the image to the relevent wma file and both Preview and Local Publish are working fine.

This will probably be a perfectly adequate way for us to proceed as it looks and operates exactly the same to a user but I will keep an eye open for the next Update.

Thanks to you and Mike for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAH View Post
    Since installing Fusion 12 and transferring my fmwhatsapp website from Fusion 11, whenever I try to view via Preview or Local Publish all new images are broken. They appear OK in Design View.

After Local Publish I am getting an error which states:
    Can't copy file: C:\Users\Terry Holmes.TELECOMAUDIO\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\User Sites\ML6XII_2011\ML6XII_2011\Preview\Autogen\V250 1ColdPlay75.jpg

I think that Fusion 12 is not finding the Assets Folder which contains the files but am not sure exactly where it would be looking.

I transferred the website as a template from 11 and verified all assets before doing so.

I am not an experienced user. Can anyone give me some pointers?
    Something is blocking akamaiedge.net. Check your extensions.