Hi.

I have NetObjects Fusion 9 (probably going to have to upgrade...), but I've never really explored and used it properly. Just not enough time. All of that is about to change. I'm retiring in April.

The problem that I am facing is that I've been using Microsoft Access for years; developing and deploying databases for work (and personal use). Being a government employee has benefitted me due to an 'employee discount' program on Microsoft Office. Well, I am not going to be able to enjoy that anymore, so I'm looking for an alternative.

What I propose to do is use MySQL as the backend (database) portion, and an Internet Explorer front-end. That means programming a 'web-based' database front end. I will probably go with 1and1 Internet hosting; because they also include NetObjects Fusion. I've used NetObjects Fusion enough to be comfortable with taking up where I left off.

So, using MySQL, NetObjects Fusion, and Internet Hosting (to a Linux server). I am going with the Linux server due to the flexibility with being able to use other browsers. Does this look like a good plan? Will NetObjects Fusion get the job done of creating a 'web-based' (database) GUI from which I can continue my database skills?

Thanks in advance for any direction or advice.

Al