Thread: combine or link web sites

Default combine or link web sites

I created a site with NOF. But as my research grew I created another site. I might need to add more bits. I would like to either combine, or link them on one host site perhaps creating a new .NOD as a new home page. I tried to import the site to the new home page, but none of the text imported, and only some of the pictures. I tried uploading to subdirectories, but I couldn't get the home page (in the base subdirectory, an htdocs page) to link to the subdirectory containing the old site files.
    Is there a reasonable solution that will keep me from having to copy and move page by page?

You don't say exactly how big your sites are, but an easy way of combining two or more sites is to export both/all sites as templates, then create a new site from one of those templates.

Once that one is created, use 'Insert Template' to add the other site(s) in a suitable location in site view.
    You should then be able to choose one of your master borders to use either site-wide, or even use your older master borders on parts of the site.

P.S. Doing it from scratch using all templates means that your original site files are left untouched

Quote Originally Posted by coolshade View Post
    I created a site with NOF. But as my research grew I created another site. I might need to add more bits. I would like to either combine, or link them on one host site perhaps creating a new .NOD as a new home page. I tried to import the site to the new home page, but none of the text imported, and only some of the pictures. I tried uploading to subdirectories, but I couldn't get the home page (in the base subdirectory, an htdocs page) to link to the subdirectory containing the old site files.
    Is there a reasonable solution that will keep me from having to copy and move page by page?
    The esiest way to like one site to another is this:

Create a custom navigation bar link on the new site, make the link an external link that will point to the directory where the old site is i.e. http://www.somesite.com/oldsite, oldsite being the directory that you stored the old site files including index.html

OOPS!, my fault
    It works....when you get the case right. I did have to tinker with temporarily renaming index.html in order to upload the pages with new links... but I got it working. Thanks!
    CS