Thread: Preview DIFFERENT from Published Site

Unhappy Preview DIFFERENT from Published Site

Hi To Everybody,

I create a new page in my site:
    http://www.nadiaprato.it/html/juste_confiance.html

but I'm not able to understand WHY the button is not visible correctly from the home page:
    http://www.nadiaprato.it/

Where is my error?

Thank You!!
    nadia prato

ps1: my NetObjects is 10.0
    ps2: If I well remember, I think the problem was born because initially I wrote for a lapsus calami "just confiance" and than I modify writing correctly "juste confiance"
    Last edited by nad; 11-09-2011 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Error...Of Mine :)

Nadia,

It appears that the page that is working (http://www.nadiaprato.it/html/juste_confiance.html) is calling a different set of images for the Juste Confiance button than the rest of the pages.

I would suggest deleting the nav bar, cleaning out the old files and then replacing the nav bar. It is just a few pages so it should be to difficult. You could try re-optimizing the site and see if that may help re-associate some files but it appears that the images "JUSTE_CONFIANCE_Nbutton_Barbara_1.gif" and "JUSTE_CONFIANCE_NRp2_150_1.gif" are missing or not on the server.

Good luck.

David B.

David B.,

Thanks so much for your help.

Firstly, I'm a Baby (Junior is too much) Member & User of Net Objects...

Secondly, I fear to touch something to destroy my and Barbara - she created my buttons & banner (http://www.lumis-webdesign.de/index.html) job. A few minutes ago I saved my site and I'm trying to put in practise your advice. A part that the lack of an undo function paralize me (even about the copy ) ), can you explain me WHERE and HOW I can delete the nav bar?

Thirdly I don't understand because re-creating a new page the problem is not solved...

Thank you for your advice and for the luck... I need it!
    nadia

Nadia,

Yes, the undo finction is a little crazy, and isn't a true undo. Any switch to different pages, even if you don't edit, you lose the undo functionality. It's been that way forever.

As far as the navbar, if it was created in NOF, you should be able to just click on it and "delete" it. Again, if it was created in NOF and especially in your "style", you can just go to the tool bar and select the navbar and re-draw it on the page. Putting it in a master border will have it appear on every page.

Your best bet is to create the navbar in the style (if it is not already there). This way it is there for you when you need it. Create a duplicate style (so that you don't change the original) and make sure the read only box is not checked. Then in style view, just go through the different stages of your buttons adding the image and adjusting the text as you see fit. Hope this makes some sense.

As far as with the new pages, what is happening is the missing image is not being sent to the server when you publish. Not sure if NOF can't find it (if you are using NOF's FTP) or it is just not being pushed to the server. The image, it is looking for is (or should be) in the these folders and the name of the image... assets/images/autogen/JUSTE_CONFIANCE_Nbutton_Barbara_1.gif . If you can find this image and put it back in the autogen folder that is inside the images folder which is inside the assets folder, this should fix it as well.

Now that I totally confused you, I hope some of this makes some sense.

David B.

David!

JUST FEW MINUTES AGO there was a miracle!!
    I copy-pasted in every page the text that "Google analytics" advice to have statistics for the visits & C of one internet site, and my button started to function!!!

I think that informatics field is like quantum field!!

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP, CARE & C!!!
    If I can help you for something...I'm here (not for my english or for my informatics knowledge ) ).
    nadia